honest opinion on fast road set up

phil r

Advanced Member
just had a fast road set up done on my teg with spc camber bolts , camber arms using the eibach pro springs after reading a lot of different settings, here is my honest opinion for those new people on this forum & others who are thinking about getting it done .
1st of all I still have a little torque steer but I'm going to try to drop tyre pressure on front as it is a little high.
The ride is so much better & seems to absorb the bumpy roads so there forgiving thus giving you more confidance , & just feels a lot more planted.
I can't feel any differance in straight line speed as been mentioned before & no wobble on the steering wheel in a straight line which has also been mentioned , but into a corner its a different animal alltogether so much more grip , still early days yet but the rear doesn't feel twitchy at all , the stance now is what it should have came out of the factory in my opinion & not to low so yo can get away with crappy roads speed bumps :D

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Cool, glad you are enjoying :)
I have just had mine done as well, and am looking for any opportunity to throw it into a corner. Unfortunately my route to and from work is very straight, so my chances are limited on a day to day basis :(

It definately feels more planted and I am finding just more stable in general.

phil r

Advanced Member
Ye really pleased even more so now , just dropped tyre pressure on fronts slightly the torque steer is a lot better shows how a little of fine tunning can make a differance , bought all my springs etc second hand & my local machanic has all the alingment gear gave him the settings & jobs a goodun cost me £354 all in xthumbup

12T

Advanced Member
Allen said:
Have to take me for a spin mate, keep meaning to have this done
Yes it is worth doing this standard dc5 setup is crap tbh. You might even out do a fd2 around bends. :shock:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
12T said:
Allen said:
Yes it is worth doing this standard dc5 setup is crap tbh. You might even out do a fd2 around bends. :shock:
Doubt it :roll: :lol:

George K

Advanced Member
What tyre pressures have you ended up with- I went testing a while ago and ended up with the bizarre set-up of 30/25. Was on standard springs and dampers and basically a 'fast road' set-up, but with standard rear camber - since changed to 2.2 neg..

phil r

Advanced Member
Allen said:
No probs mate , give me a pm when your thinking about getting this done I will go through a few things with you on set up & to save yo a few quid , had my car set up locally , as for tyre pressures george I,m running 30,s all round at the moment :wink:

Allen

Advanced Member
phil r said:
Allen said:
No probs mate , give me a pm when your thinking about getting this done I will go through a few things with you on set up & to save yo a few quid , had my car set up locally , as for tyre pressures george I,m running 30,s all round at the moment :wink:
Who done it for you? thought ya was going TGM?

phil r

Advanced Member
Allen said:
phil r said:
Allen said:
Who done it for you? thought ya was going TGM?
I was going to but after speeking to kev who did it for me I didnt relise he had set up track cars etc himself including julians teg from rare rims so I thought Iwould give him a chance , still would go to tgm for other major work or modifying though I have sent you a pm on settings , prices etc :wink: