Hope to be a dc5 noobie if i ever get insured

typer666

Hey guys.... ive been a huge dc5 fan for yearsssss!!! since before i could drive!!! now im in a positon that i can afford to buy one but cant get insurance.... i hope i dont offend anyone by not putting this in the insurance thread .. as its not as active as other threads...

basicaly im 19 and cant get insured and i dont want any other car.
:'(

ive tried to get on policies as second driver but having no luck at all, i really dont want to wait 2 years ... because the car is the sh*t and i heard they are not making anymore after 2006

fonz600

Advanced Member
They've actually stopped production now as far as I'm aware.
Have u tried the list of companies in the insurance section for qoutes?
I do reckon that if u do get a qoute tho it will be astronomical as they are group 20 and I paid around 800 last year, 26 8yr NCB and Garaged in a decent postcode. Nearer 500 this year but you'll be into the thousands I'm afraid.

Suped

Advanced Member
sorry to p155 over your fire but at the tender young age of 19, the insurance company will make a mint off you if they are willing to take the risk.

Dunno why you would like a DC5 as they are rubbish, unpractical and doesnt pull any birds!!!

Evs

Advanced Member
When I was a teenager I really wanted a Porsche 959, but I couldn't afford the insurance either... :cry:

Splink

Advanced Member
I was drivnig a p2 when i was 20 - but then again i was earning a mint :)

scoobys dont have it round the track like the dc5 does though

typer666

LOL i pay almost 1700 insurance just now for a 10 month acclerator pol...

the dc5 is the only car i want just now ... i think its stunning lol ...i went thro a pahse wanting a car with a dump valve lol ive considered other cars... TT supra, skyline, CTR, (scooby, evo, - too much like family cars for me), 350z, porsche boxster all of which ive been quoted between 1.5-2k but the dc5 comes out on top, its all round what im looking for performance, looks, costs, maintenance/running costs....:p