How bad (or good) could this possibly be?

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Just on my daily browsing of ebay and this turned up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-03-04-05-06-ACURA-RSX-TYPE-S-SPORT-CATBACK-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-CAT-BACK-N1-DC5-/300602985391?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fd558baf

Now I don't assume it will fit (as it says Type S in the title) but seriously, that's a cat back exhaust for £75. Shipping to here might be a bit more pricey, but surely there must be something I'm missing (apart from the fact it's clearly a non-branded piece of metal).

Still seems stupidly cheap to me. But could it be any good? Or is is as bad as the price would make out?

Would anyone even buy it (assuming it fitted which I guess it doesn't?)

Cheers.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
And would it be even remotely acceptable quality?

I could justify spending that on an exhaust even if it is rubbish. I'll melt it down and turn it into cutlery and I'd still be better off!

Zani

Advanced Member
I'm no exhaust expert, but if this is cheaply made, then the welds could crack and baffles could come loose down the line... but those aren't expensive problems to fix. I had my center silencer cut open and baffles sorted by Solid Fabrications. £50 all in!

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
This is what I'm thinking... Even if something breaks on it, it's still stupidly cheap. I'm quite a brand whore it must be said but I'm also a sucker for a bargain...

Going to message them see what carriage would be to UK!

leejw87

Spoon Whore
[sub]If you want a cheap exhaust i would go DC sports, a DC5 doesnt deserve that cheap tat that your thinking of buying :xstupid: [/sub]

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
We can't all be a Spoon whore though can we?

And seriously, I've had curries that cost less. I might buy it for a laugh, take it to Eurospec and see what it makes (apart from laughter!)

Peter D

Advanced Member
And seriously, I've had curries that cost less.
I'd be a bit worried if you hadn't had a curry costing less than £70!

TBH it will probably do the job fine, and is definately a bargain...but you will end up getting stung on import fees when you recieve it

Shipping stuff from America seems cheap but once you pay the duty on it it aint so cheap, guaranteed that it will more than double the cost of the exhaust!

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
You won't be able to get it off again without a grinder in 6 months time lol. I can't believe you are seriously considering putting a $75 exhaust on your DC5 lol.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I'd be a bit worried if you hadn't had a curry costing less than £70!
Ok so maybe I meant more not less!

You won't be able to get it off again without a grinder in 6 months time lol. I can't believe you are seriously considering putting a $75 exhaust on your DC5 lol.
I'm just interested for a bit of fun. I'll get something decent eventually, but in the mean time I wouldn't mind having a crack with it just for a laugh.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Wasting $75 wouldn't be that funny to me mate haha, I'd just bank it and save up for something better if I was you :)

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I would stay away from cheap stuff like that if i were you...

If you look carefully at the b-pipe bend, it's not mandrel bend and the hanger on the backbox looks flimsy.

So the things you might have to worry about if you insist of buying:

1. It might make your car slower.
2. It could fall off anytime.
3. It might be too loud.
4. The extra time and money to get it repair.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Cheers Bonson. I kind of knew that but still worth a chat about it I thought....

Plus the import fees are stupid. Looking into it, it does more than double in price!

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Go for a custom build exhaust system! It's a lot cheaper than buying off the shelf. I had a b-pipe made from Funky power which costed 250quid. Using T304 stainless steel pipe and It was a cut and weld job with mandrel bend with 2.5inch straight through. Vtec is pure music with spoon N1 :)