how can i respray/remove marks on spoon strut bar?

joejeans23

hiya
2 things really:
1st i just bought a spoon front strut bar and its got marks all over the alluminium (i knew it had them)
2nd the brackets are black and i would like to change them to a shiny blue (so they need to be sprayed)

so my questions are:
how can i remove the marks?
what do i need to do/get to spray the brackets? (aint done anything like that before)

many thanks!!! :wink:

liam225

Advanced Member
hi is the bar like chrome if so just use a bit of t-cut and car polish.that should do.

joejeans23

liam225 said:
hi is the bar like chrome if so just use a bit of t-cut and car polish.that should do.
the bar was so bad i couldnt even tell if it was chrome or not lol... but i went and bought some metal cleaner called '' Peek - metal polish '' and it brought it right up.. excellent stuff for £4...

just want to know now how to spray the brackets on either side of the bar to a different colour now..

oh and p.s ... the bar is now chrome... \:D/

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the bar is actually polished alluminium, so will need regular re-polishing with peek or meguiars matal polish, NOTE- autosol is too corse and will scratch. always tyr to polish on and off in the same direction along the bar,

for the ends, sand down , prime, and paint with your colour choice.
if you want the ultimate finish, then get them shot blasted and powder coated

joejeans23

C&S Evo7 said:
the bar is actually polished alluminium, so will need regular re-polishing with peek or meguiars matal polish, NOTE- autosol is too corse and will scratch. always tyr to polish on and off in the same direction along the bar,

for the ends, sand down , prime, and paint with your colour choice.
if you want the ultimate finish, then get them shot blasted and powder coated
thanks mate ive already fitted the bar and decided that im not gna respray the brackets as i dont mind the colour now, its grown on me, thanks for the info very helpful still