how can you reduce Understeer out of corners

beppe786

Beppe
Finding it hard to get power down out of corners anyway i can reduce it.?

Mugen Shocks are Hard and alignment spot on.. Re070s

Ill describe it as wheels spin / scrambling for grip out of corners and under steering same time

Might be wheel spin making it under steer, i try and wait until on straight to put power down, but just need power that few secs out of corner

will a rear progressive anti roll bar help? bigger Strut brace? more camber?

Any help appreciated

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Learn to drive? ;) Only joking mate.

All strengthening bits should help I imagine. On Funkypower it claims the strut braces reduce understeer by up to 40% so if you upgrade them all round and add a few bits it can only do good. There are all sorts of things you can buy like fender braces, X braces etc.

integraleo

Advanced Member
When I had my dc2 turbo my first port of call was best quality tyres you can get,second was exiting corner one gear higher than when it was NA due to extra torque ( we know yours is supercharged)
Thirdly use slower progressive movement on the steering wheel rather than snatching at it. Progressive movement also applies to throttle position. Whenever possible do all your braking before the corners and accelerate through/out of corner making best use of lsd. Remembering that lsd only works when on the throttle. If after all that you either need to enter the corner slower or maybe purchase a plate dif....which comes with its own problems.
Also having the suspension set up mega hard is great for a nice smooth track but not so good on our roads,softening the suspension would give it more compliance on most of our roads...stiffer is not always better.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
What torque and power are you? Has it always been this way or only since new tyres, different geo, new suspension etc?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

beppe786

Beppe
coyote_dc5 said:
What torque and power are you? Has it always been this way or only since new tyres, different geo, new suspension etc?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
haven't dyno'd it recently around 290whp & 190ft torque.. always does it.. driving it hard around corners

mugen shocks have help alot no body roll at all.. but still there..

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Quite a few things to consider i think.

Different tyres such as AD08's?

I would think a rear anti roll bar will help, if i understand correctly by reducing the roll at the rear while cornering it will surpress the lift at the front opposite corner thus helping to keep the front wheels pushing down.

The diff should be helping to put the power down so perhaps with the amount of extra power you have an uprated diff is in order but maybe a last resort? Also no offence but with the amount of extra power you have more practice with throttle control on the corner exit?

Geo settings could also be a factor, perhaps a touch more camber is needed?

integraleo

Advanced Member
As stated zero body roll puts all off the cornering force through the tyres,it's not letting the chassis take any of the momentum. Some body roll is actually beneficial on our roads. Too stiff and the car will skip slightly across the surface rather than being able to put the power down. Trust me soften suspension slightly

beppe786

Beppe
maxvr6 said:
Quite a few things to consider i think.

Different tyres such as AD08's?

I would think a rear anti roll bar will help, if i understand correctly by reducing the roll at the rear while cornering it will surpress the lift at the front opposite corner thus helping to keep the front wheels pushing down.

The diff should be helping to put the power down so perhaps with the amount of extra power you have an uprated diff is in order but maybe a last resort? Also no offence but with the amount of extra power you have more practice with throttle control on the corner exit?

Geo settings could also be a factor, perhaps a touch more camber is needed?
yeah throttle control is the key im in 2nd gear out of corners same like NA power all at Red line.. pulls really well.. progressive rear anti roll bar will be a start and upgraded strut brace..

integraleo said:
When I had my dc2 turbo my first port of call was best quality tyres you can get,second was exiting corner one gear higher than when it was NA due to extra torque ( we know yours is supercharged)
Thirdly use slower progressive movement on the steering wheel rather than snatching at it. Progressive movement also applies to throttle position. Whenever possible do all your braking before the corners and accelerate through/out of corner making best use of lsd. Remembering that lsd only works when on the throttle. If after all that you either need to enter the corner slower or maybe purchase a plate dif....which comes with its own problems.
Also having the suspension set up mega hard is great for a nice smooth track but not so good on our roads,softening the suspension would give it more compliance on most of our roads...stiffer is not always better.
3rd Gear wouldn't pull be out faster need to use 2nd, might try more camber but in maxed out on the camber bolts, shouldn't have sold the strut brace.. lol

darkhawk

Advanced Member
Tyres? I had this problem with my glanza

300bhp and weighed 800kg

Put some yoko ad08 tyres on it and it helped massively

Still had to control throttle alot but gave you more of a window to work with

Was still a pointless car but went well eventually

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Does the Mugen suspension have damping adjustment? If so have you tried playing with it? I would try softer on the front and harder on the rear.

beppe786

Beppe
darkhawk said:
Tyres? I had this problem with my glanza

300bhp and weighed 800kg

Put some yoko ad08 tyres on it and it helped massively

Was still a pointless car but went well eventually
im gonna try tires once these need changing heard AD08 are Great

maxvr6 said:
Does the Mugen suspension have damping adjustment? If so have you tried playing with it? I would try softer on the front and harder on the rear.
no damping adjustment on them

darkhawk

Advanced Member
Iv got the new AD08Rs on the Integra and works wonders

Need a decent amount of heat in them tho

beppe786

Beppe
just odered aftercooler and boost going up to 11psi, hopefully combined with 3in exhaust its maxed out.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I thought we were trying to reduce the understeer not make it worse lol

Well hopefully that will max it out bud, what time do you think you will acheive on the strip?

darkhawk

Advanced Member
Will be a laugh at the ring

Set of AD08Rs or if your feeling flush A048s and it will go like a dream

Shocking on the 1/4 tho

Can't get the heat in them even with a decent burn out and a Goood run by time you have qued up there cold again

Iv always ran slower on them than normal road tyres

Best 1/4 iv had was on conti sport 5s tbh they were great on track aswelll