how da hell he manage to kill a dc5 itr???

Evs

Advanced Member
sammy luy said:
just a quick reply to this remark. evs were you born miserable or did you had to work on it over the years?

didnt realise to join this forum you needed to meet the social and educated criteria to leave comments on that note didnt also realise you need to speak tthe queens enlish to leave any kind of comments

as I dont quailfy on any of these conditions I bid you all fair well :|

final note wasnt a keen fan of 1 foot in the grave either!

been looking thru all eve's post and it seems he has nothing nice to say and always negative .

every car I have driven its been a reflection of my personality and thats why I got the dc5 it suits me down to the ground as for you eves I have n oidea why you got a dc5 maybe you should get a scooter

fair well all
:lol:

Aw, did I upset you there? :xhuh:

It was a pointless thread to start in the first place imho, you seemed to be having a pop at someone who was unfortunate enough to suffer an engine failure. He is not unique, by any means - there have been a few cases caused by low oil level, oil starvation and mistaken gear selection. As others have pointed out, the engines are pretty reliable but they do have their weaknesses and nothing is unbreakable.

There's a good chance that the owner of that car uses this forum. If I were him I would be pretty upset about my dead engine, and wouldn't appreciate someone taking the mick as well. There are many better ways of asking what happened, while at the same time showing a bit more sensitivity to the poor bloke.

You then continued to spread BS about how 'we all know they drink oil' - well actually they don't, not at all. Some do, yes, but only some :idea:

I personally get a bit fed up with people spreading urban myths on here, as if they are undeniable fact. And I'm not alone in that. The main purpose of this forum is to share information about the DC5 and help people. OK so we take the mick when people come and ask if they're any good (because it's sort of obvious what we think as we all own them) but generally the info on here is posted in good faith and helpful spirit.

I don't seem to remember having a pop at your grammar, just took the mick out of your use of 'things' like 'da' 'u' and 'any1'. This might be OK on a mobile 'phone with crap keyboard and limited characters, but when you have a proper keyboard and unlimited space then why not extend your reader the courtesy of making your message a bit easier to read? Again, I'm not the only one irritated by this, and it's not personal either as a few others have come on here and had the mickey taken for it too. We're pretty fair like that... :lol:

As for the comments about my posting style, negativity and all the rest, well I'll be the first to admit to being pretty sarcastic at times and my sense of humour is definitely not to everyone's taste, but in general I try to do my bit to make this forum a better place. How successfully I manage that is not for me to judge. And nor do I worry about it unduly either.

If you decide not to come back because of that comment well that's up to you. If so then enjoy your car. If you change your mind then see you around.

Cheers for now :xwavey:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Hey - I thought it was me making the remark about the full use of the keyboard :lol: Soz Evs mate if you got the blame.

Sorry if you feel that way Sammy - we are really a friendly bunch- honest :lol:

But its a personal hate of mine and I've spent the last 20 years trying to bring my children up not to talk like that - you got to admit it Sammy- all the da's and dat's - just don't sound right :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Nah don't worry it was me that started that, but a few people agreed. Not that I'm bothered really :lol:

martin200

Advanced Member
Geeze fellas, did not know so many ITR owners carried handbags!

On a side note, my DC5 Turbo uses about .5 litre of oil between oil changes of 3k mile interval. Turbo power - no need to thrash it to get places!

linzi94

Advanced Member
seems like groundhog day

mine uses hardly any and contrary to popular belief i dont drive like a granny on a sunday afternoon.

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Evs said:
I don't seem to remember having a pop at your grammar, just took the mick out of your use of 'things' like 'da' 'u' and 'any1'. This might be OK on a mobile 'phone with crap keyboard and limited characters, but when you have a proper keyboard and unlimited space then why not extend your reader the courtesy of making your message a bit easier to read? Again, I'm not the only one irritated by this, and it's not personal either as a few others have come on here and had the mickey taken for it too. We're pretty fair like that... :lol:
A comma followed by the word "and". :xtsk: :roll:

tedg

Advanced Member
i am using around 0.75ltr oil per 1000miles, depends on oil type. If you brim it with oil the top gets used rapidly.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
tedg said:
i am using around 0.75ltr oil per 1000miles, depends on oil type. If you brim it with oil the top gets used rapidly.
Over filling can lead to issues. You can get piston slap and it puts pressure on the rings

tedg

Advanced Member
Never said to over fill it, but you are right
Edit: you would have to REALLY overfill it

martin200

Advanced Member
Over filling majorly can cause oil cavitation. Not good for your oil pressures. Particularley if you are at 8500rpm :shock:

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Sorry Evs, I should really have put a wink on the end of my post. On reflection I have decided that you were grammatically correct in your original and so I won't have to edit your post. :wink:

Evs

Advanced Member
SJ_Skyline said:
Sorry Evs, I should really have put a wink on the end of my post. On reflection I have decided that you were grammatically correct in your original and so I won't have to edit your post. :wink:
There was no need for a wink; I took it as a light hearted comment, and hopefully you took mine the same way.

I also knew I was grammatically correct, and was looking forward to having an argument about it. Ah well... :( :lol:

Jayk

Advanced Member
All depends how you drive them. The same with all cars. Just had to top mine up with 2.5 litres after about 3000miles. Will have a full oil change in another 1000. I drive mine like tommi :roll: Stuggle to drive it like a normal human being, i dont know why!

tedg

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
All depends how you drive them. The same with all cars. Just had to top mine up with 2.5 litres after about 3000miles. Will have a full oil change in another 1000. I drive mine like tommi :roll: Stuggle to drive it like a normal human being, i dont know why!
You take yours on the track/airfield days every now and then too?