How did you all take the plunge?

rodney

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I have a baby due in 7 weeks and feel that the DC2 is slightly a bit to much for the increased journeys i'll be making and general comfort.

Soooo

I'm thinking a DC5 however the only (although much appriciated) expereince of a DC5 is a p-ride with Chalkie..

How the fudge do I go about a test drive, I don't suppose any folk in the surrey area would entertain the thought of me having a wee drive behind the wheel?

Failing that does one just blag a test drive at the nearest dealer although I don't think theres thatmany near me..

How did you all take the plunge?

I very nearly just put my DC2 up for sale on itr-dc2.com but I can't do it!

Shes a very clean 99 T with FTGMSH!

Any input apprciated

Rob

raz786

Advanced Member
Nothing wrong with popping into anywhere and booking a test drive. Its the only way you'll know what your buying mate.

mark type r

Advanced Member
I bought mine from Andy 200bhp cars, i turned up when it arrived and drove it around. The car was and still is perfect :D

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
Nothing wrong with popping into anywhere and booking a test drive. Its the only way you'll know what your buying mate.
Agreed, nothing wrong with taking a test drive... :wink:

morgan

Advanced Member
Be warned - I found the DC5 harsher than the DC2 and less suited to the rubbish roads round here... if your reason for the change is comfort you may be disappointed. Try before you buy !

GAZ777

Advanced Member
Not sure how old your Rodney, but Im 21 and went to see about a test drive in a DC5 a while back and they literally just laughed at me and said no :lol:
I found it easier to call like a day in advance to express interest in the car and book a test drive, just in my experience anyway

giandc5

Advanced Member
I would say the the dc5 suspension is definately harsher than a dc2 on the average road but chassis is stiffer on the dc5 so it absorbs the noises coming into the cabin. The engine & clutch makes traffic and motorway driving more bearable than the dc2.

Overall i would take the dc5 for everyday commuting. People say eibachs might make it slightly less harsh & this is something im going to try.

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Had never even seen one in the flesh, only a picture. I was in Jersey and the car was in Scotland. My boss was on a business trip there, he offered to view the car and drive it back home. Wired the guy the money after I got the thumbs up from the boss. Car arrived to me two days later. Having never seen one, I was unbelievably happy. Still love it three years on, although am still tempted by an S2000 or an FD2.

linzi94

Advanced Member
i was so determined i was going to have one i didnt care about a test drive in any other random one. i had sat in 2 at dixons to make sure i could pull the seat far enough forward and see over the dashboard.

the first time i drove one was when i collected mine at Liverpool and drove it home to Glasgow!

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
went to a importer in edinbrugh - and got a test drive -

then ordered through Andy @ 200bhp as he could get me a DC5 - cheaper,newer and with less miles than the one I test drove :D

celox performance

Advanced Member
At the time when I bought mine I had both a Skyline and Prelude. I was very unhappy with the Skyline and someone suggested I got a DC5. I then came across this website from a Google search and after seeing the specs and pics I immediately thought i'd part exchange the Skyline for one.

After a couple of weeks I saw one advertised at Keithley Car Sales at the right price so I phoned them and it was still for sale. Before the end of the phone call I had bought the car even without seeing it and got a very good part ex for the Skyline. A few days later and I picked it up and i've happy with it ever since :D

dave7368

Advanced Member
like he says, the 5 is a much harsher ride than the dc2 in my opinion, for what thats worth

dave7368

Advanced Member
like he says, the 5 is a much harsher ride than the dc2 in my opinion, for what thats worth

spo_gen

Advanced Member
When I first set my eyes on probably the 1st DC5 to come into the country. At Warrenders in Northwich.

No Evo/Skyline etc... could compare look wise to the DC5 at that time. :lol:

phil r

Advanced Member
How did you all take the plunge

saw one up japfest & that was it new I was going to get one sometime :?

Martin_DC5

is your dc2 a uk or jdm model?

i'm currently in 2 minds whether to put my dc5 up for sale to clear some debt, but i'd be looking to p/ex for an ep3, dc2, ek9 that sorta thing.