how do i change the clutch fluid?

viggen

Advanced Member
hello.my car is coming up to 80k miles.i think its time for a clutch change.but first i think its a good idea to change the clutch fluid.how do i do it?and how much oil do i need?and do i use honda mtf lll oil?thanks

also which of these clutchs is best.thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPETITION-CLUTCH-STAGE-1-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-DC5-K20A-/180581877722?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0b84c7da

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exedy-Organic-Sports-Clutch-Kit-Honda-Integra-DC5-K20-/260871481241?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbd26e799

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Its pretty much the same Method as Bleeding your Brakes.. all you need to do is suck out all the old clutch fluid in your clutch reservoir top up with fresh and then crack off the bleed nipple on your Clutch Slave (On the Gearbox) and then pump the pedal until the fresh fluid comes through making sure you dont run the fluid too low in the reservoir.

In terms of Clutchs Oem is probably the best one to go for if your not running high power.

viggen

Advanced Member
im a spoon whore to.lol.ive got full spoon exhaust.intake and plan to buy spoon ecu and spoon tb.and maybe intake manifold.if i dont go kpro so 250bhp max.can stock clutch handle that?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
im a spoon whore to.lol.ive got full spoon exhaust.intake and plan to buy spoon ecu and spoon tb.and maybe intake manifold.if i dont go kpro so 250bhp max.can stock clutch handle that?
Spoon FTW ;)

If your setting your sights at 250bhp then the oem clutch will be more than up to the job.

Go for kpro over the spoon ecu or even a k100 you will see better gains and your car will be mapped to optimise the mods you have.

Spoon ecu is pretty much a base map and have heard storys of them making the car run very rich.

viggen

Advanced Member
thanks for the advice.do i use honda mtf lll oil?and do you know how much i will need?

Stoo

Whining.....
YOu will need clutch or brake fluid buddy.

Normal brake fluid is fine for the job.

MTF is gearbox oil.

viggen

Advanced Member
grov.why did you put ignore?

thanks stoo.0 i sorted the pads out.the brakes are insane.thanks again