how easy is it to change a head lamp?

iPicaso

Ok, one of my seals in my nearside front headlamp has been leaking since i got the car. it looked a little yellow compared to the other. so i took it to a friend and he got me a new one.. and fitted it. cost me about £240. bare in mind, the light was fully functional, and so i only needed the main lamp, and none of the small bits and pieces..

(sorry to babble on) anyway, he aint about anymore sadly, but i can get a lamp (without all the bits and pieces) for £155. and was told all my 'bits and bobs' will just go straight in the new one.. i dont want to pay for a mechanic to do it because he will charge a fortune.
so.. how easy is it to get to the lamp? i noticed i have to take the whole front bumper off :| how hard is it? and does anyone have any pics of someone changing a lamp?

iPicaso

I quote myself here..

and does anyone have any pics of someone changing a lamp?..

its not that i wanna see 'someone' changing a lamp... more that i wanna see the 'lamp' being changed :xClubbed:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
You need to download the RSX service manual, 95% of the manual is relevant to the Integra Type R...

Here's an extract of it detailing headlight replacement.

The manual can be downloaded HERE

Hope this is of help.

Chris

iPicaso

WOW.. I dont have a manual for my car, and this will help me out in more ways than one. thats very much appreciated. Thankyou

raz786

Advanced Member
its fairly straight forard mate, bumper has a fair amount of clips and bolts, just don't yank till your sure you've got them all :D

mikegsi

Staff member
DONT forget the little 8mm bolts that you need a long reach wrench for in the wheel arch, can damage your bumper if you forget them, have a search im pretty sure theres a link on here so but if you struggle let me know and ill forward you a link/email you it

bumper off shouldnt take any longer than 20mins even for a first timer

stephen1612

Advanced Member
Is this a common problem with DC5 headlights? As my passenger side headlight looks faded compared to the drivers side too. (I'm referring to the inside plastic not the outer case)

Doesn't stand out too much, but once you notice something like that it's hard to ignore it :roll:

I'd be tempted to replace it too...

mikegsi

Staff member
its common for some condensation inside, normally remedied with a good blast of hairdryer

logik

Advanced Member
You might not need to replace the headlight mate, just seal it once you have it out. Leave it sitting beside a radiator in the house to dry out every bit of moister in the light and then reseal it with clear silicone.