how far to go ?

webbie

Advanced Member
Hiya well I have had my teg a year now and spent almost 4 grand on it so far it seems the modding game is never ending you buy something,then weeks down the line you want something else .some times i have Thaught this car now sets me at 19grand what could i have got for that i know you never get your money back what you spend but its just seems so bloody addicctive how much have people spent on

webbie

Advanced Member
there cars and what further mods have you planned how far are you going to go.I bought the car and Thaught il keep it standard then came the exhaust ,then i Thaught it really needs induction and mapping to get the best from it .and so on !:)then ya think well i could upgrade the suspension next :-o £ £

liktup

Advanced Member
This is the first car I am aiming to keep standard..I have wasted far too much hard earned over the years to do it again :oops: :oops:

Its a nice package straight from honda and the next car will be a big hp car with a turbo from the factory so I am not interested in chasing hp on this car :)

Ezza

Advanced Member
Im only planning to pput a catback exhaust system on mine when i get it. No other plans

dazza

Advanced Member
happy_2008 said:
Im only planning to pput a catback exhaust system on mine when i get it. No other plans
Thats what they all say :wink: :lol: :lol:

I don't want to go to far with this one either just a few choice Spoon parts :D

I've spent a fortune in the past only to sell the car on and someone else get the benefit :roll:

carfiend

Advanced Member
happy_2008 said:
Yeah that sounds familiar :roll:

Oh yeah I said that when I picked mine up. Now booked in for coilovers and looking at getting other bits of bobs for the suspension, and a kpro and err go faster fluffy dice!

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
I kept mine standard for nearly 8 months now - great car standard but started to get the itch to mod it.

Last week got myself a Spoon Drop-In Filter and with Unit-8's finance scheme :lol: i have a shopping list for Christmas

Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust System
Ferodo DS2500 Pads
Eibach Lowering Springs
Spoon Magnetic Sump Plug
Goodridge S/S Brake Hoses

8)

dan the man

Advanced Member
I said mine was gona be standard.. :oops:

Webbie your car is wasted with standard suspension..u really would benefit from a full geometry setup with springs of coilovers.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I wont say how much mine owes me....... at this stage....

And their is still a lot to do yet and pay for :shock:

Mike

webbie

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
I said mine was gona be standard.. :oops:

Webbie your car is wasted with standard suspension..u really would benefit from a full geometry setup with springs of coilovers.
will have buddyclub n1s soon dude :wink:

after chrimbo

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I spent over 3k modding my previous car a 2.0 16v megane coupe and I didn't even make 3k when I sold it. But I'm not deterred from modding. My dad has an s2000 and once every year straightliners come over and run quarter mile sprints, my aim over the next couple of years is to get the car to the point where he's dust in my mirrors. So once my insurance calms down a bit the list will be.

Buddyclub spec IV, buddy club manifold, gruppe M and then kpro. And then maybe I'll look at doing up the suspension - problem with this is that the roads on the island are awful and the ride is very crashy even as standard.

benny

Advanced Member
im at the point now where i have the exhaust and manifold, the cai, the filter, the kpro,the springs and i dont know where to go next?
if i go for cams, its a little over 2k, but it only adds 15bhp( car place told me, so dont shout!!)
if i spend money again i want something worth while? but i dont know what, i think the only thing to do is s/c-er but i like the idea of havin a really fast car thats only got a 2l engine(i compare it with a 2l granada for comedy effect :D )and if i'd wanted a sc or turbo id have bought one?
i could spend another 3k on the cams and a throttle body, but i dont know? not really sure if its worth it for 20 bhp??

dan the man

Advanced Member
All you lot wanting more power- how many of u just drive your car on the road>?

Nice one webbie but your still slow :eek:

luffy

Advanced Member
i spent nearly 5k on a focus (bought for 8k)!!!!!! and still paying the bloody thing off

sold it 1 year later for £3750 :(

did it stop me modding.....hell no! :D

webbie

Advanced Member
im thinking of either doing some sprinting or doing that time attack next year so all mods should work well together have good power at 247 and will have handling with the buddy club coil overs on too and with 888s on oh I ding dong.we will see dan ha

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
How about spending more money on track days or driving lessons??

It doesnt matter how much power you have if you are a crap driver! :wink:

luffy

Advanced Member
Gary said:
luffy said:
i spent nearly 5k on a focus (bought for 8k)
sold it 1 year later for £3750
Jesus Christ!!!
worst thing i ever did. imagine if i had 5k to spend on my integra......turbo..........hmmmmmmm.......turbo.......

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
luffy said:
Gary said:
luffy said:
i spent nearly 5k on a focus (bought for 8k)
sold it 1 year later for £3750
Jesus Christ!!!
worst thing i ever did. imagine if i had 5k to spend on my integra......turbo..........hmmmmmmm.......turbo.......

5K will get u a turbo that will go pop...............

Mike