How good do you think this would be.... Wheel refurb....

Woppywop

Advanced Member
A while back I was looking to buy some new wheels however I've now been looking at getting a refurb on my OEM's next month.

There's a company in Birmingham called Labtab who are very highly recommended, but at nearly £400 I'm thinking a little steep! Now they do take the wheel off, remove the tyre and do a complete refurb in a number of different colours, would need to leave the car with them for a day possibly two as well.... Link below....

http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php#alloyfinishes

Now I've found another company, in Coventry who will come out and sort them. Apparently 1 hour per wheel and they don't need to take the wheel off. I'm just concerned that this may be a little bit of a cr*ppy job. Click Click below.....

What's your opinion chaps?

https://sites.google.com/site/autovive1/Car-scratch-repair/Repair-Alloy-wheels

wj51fut

Advanced Member
For light curbing and scratches I would say £50 a wheel. That's what I've been quoted. you can buy a new set from Honda for £400!!

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Yeah that's why I looked a little further, oh and I forgot to say that my wheels aren't curbed, it's as if the lacquer has has perished, bits of paint chipping off. Bit odd as it's only really on two.

Of course I'd have all four done though.

hussain124

Advanced Member
£400 is a lot for a refurb. i would expect a unblemished job for £200 for all four wheels never mind £400 lol. add couple of hundred more and you can buy rota alloys or some thing

Stoo

Whining.....
As above, £400 is a lot for a refurb.

i think TGM only charge around 60-70 per wheel.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
when i last priced them from honda they were nearly £400 each wheel, many refurbers will only break the bead of the wheel so they can mask behind the lip. if its done properly it should be about £50 per rim and last fine.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
when i last priced them from honda they were nearly £400 each wheel, many refurbers will only break the bead of the wheel so they can mask behind the lip. if its done properly it should be about £50 per rim and last fine.
They say from £40 per wheel so will give them a call in the morning, of course that won't be the price but hopefully should be ok. Cheers.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Right then, called the chap this morning who stated he would come out and sort the wheels for £45.00 each... Choice of colours.

He asked (like some others) if they were diamond cut?? I just said I don't know but some of you chaps have had yours done and never mentioned it. Am I right to assume they aren't?

Any going to book him for early next month but in two minds whether to stay with standard silver or go for gunmetal. Hmm we'll see.

Oh and he drives an S2000 which is why he asked if my wheels were diamond cut as his are as standard.

Grov

Banned
For light curbing and scratches I would say £50 a wheel. That's what I've been quoted. you can buy a new set from Honda for £400!!
I doubt it. When i had my EP3, 1 new wheel was £280 and that was 3 years ago.