How good is Dent removing

firthy22

Advanced Member
Had to smile through gritted teeth yesterday :xak:

Met an old friend I Tesco's car park that I used to play rugby with. When he stopped alongside my car he stopped to talk and behind his back didn't notice his trolley roll into my door.

I immediately stepped in but was too late, I ended up with the proverbial dent in my door. I didn't say anything until we finished our conversation and pointed out where the trolley had hit. He was mortifien because he knows how anal I am about my motor, I felt bad pointing it out to him so we were a pair of unhappy bunnies.

He did offer to pay for the repair but I'm hoping my local dent remover can wave his magic wand. It hasn't broke the paint or creased the door, it's more like a small round dent.

Just wondering how good dent removers are, don't really want to get the door resprayed.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
They are REALLY good mate, Torque Imports took out a dent on mine and it was back to OEM as if nothing had happened. Costs around £50 and well worth it IMO.

Only thing is that it sometimes is dependant on location, if it's near a join on the panel then they wont be able to do it, otherwise it's pretty straight forward :)

Not sure about cracked paint though, but worth asking a pro.

Torque-GT

It all depends how good the dent guy is, where the dent is on the panel and how sharp the indentation is. As Porthos said, we have a really good guy here in Devon. If you are in the South West give us a shout and we'll get it looked at for you.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Sorry mate just read your post.

Do you mean it hasn't cracked the paint or creased?

We used a few guys when I worked in car sales and they are really good.

As stated the pitfalls come if it's in certain areas and how bad the indentation is.

Where abouts are you located??

Gordon

Hoodster

Advanced Member
The guy we use at our body shop doesn't charge if he is unable to get the dent out I believe a lot of these dent guys operate the same way.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Oops typo. Meant to say it hasn't broke the paint or creased, just a small round indentation.

I've had someone recommended but trying to get him to answer his phone isn't easy it seems. I'll let you know how I go on but good to know that it might be fixeable.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Going through the same sort of thing myself. Some kind young fellow decided to kick my wing mirror off leaving 4 dents in the door this morning!!

A guy that Jonahdc5 recommended to me was on the end of the phone in a jiffy. I went around to see him and im booked in THIS friday to get it sorted. Should be £55 a panel but hes doing it for me for £40 (getting the other side done for £40 too)

Hope you get it sorted soon.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Going through the same sort of thing myself. Some kind young fellow decided to kick my wing mirror off leaving 4 dents in the door this morning!!

A guy that Jonahdc5 recommended to me was on the end of the phone in a jiffy. I went around to see him and im booked in THIS friday to get it sorted. Should be £55 a panel but hes doing it for me for £40 (getting the other side done for £40 too)

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Mine is minor in comparison to that. WTF is that all about, did he have a beef with you or is it just a typical under privileged youth of today being allowed to do what they want ?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
The later I'm afraid. I cannot park my car on a drive or garage so it has to stay on the road. Quiet road too mind. But some mothers will have them, little cherubs.

mikegsi

Staff member
I've got a mate who does this professionally, he's really really good. Unfortunately they arent miracle workers not every dent can be pulled out by the simple methods they use.

jono888

Advanced Member
i've got a little dent at the rear of my boot just by the middle brake light.

was on you tube looking at these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTARm_Wze3M&feature=related

haven't tried it yet but may have to give it a go! lol!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
That's brilliant! I used a hair dryer on my roof and pushed from underneath. Got rid of 95% of the dent. You need to repair dents ASAP apparently otherwise the metal won't bend back unless you go professional.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear of your misfortune guys i know how fraustrating it is to have your pride and joy dented and dinged. As wj51fut has said me and my mate use a guy in exeter who is the dogs dangleys when it comes to dent removal i would go as far to say if he cant remove it, it cant be removed and his prices are so reasonable. Mine has been restored back to absolute perfection by this guy not a single ding/dent init, he's removed 9 minor dings for me just recently but they were very minor im just very fussy about my car lol. Now my car isnt my daily driver nor does it do the supermarket run it is still sitting outside ding free. The only about him and most dent guys is you usually have to remove any interior panels prior to them carrying out the work as they dont want to be liable for damaging a trim panel which i think is fair enough.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Had my dings taken out yesterday by Dentcure. What a result! I cannot see where the dings were now. He had to show me! Not a trace left though. They weren't major dings anyway but noticeable. Very reasonably priced too as JonahDC5 said. Thank you for reccomending him.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Just got home from a weekend away to a £60 bill but can't even see where the dent was so a result and well worth the money.

SharpyDC5

I had a dent on the fold on my rear quarter, had the local dent devil (there nationwide) tap it out, unbelievable what they can do, would never know there had been a dent there before. only cost £30! I'd get a pro to look at a dent before trying it yourself.