How long did it take to register your car

Joshhawker

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen just a quick question when you imported your cars over or went through an import company how long after you put down a deposit did it take to get the car registered on the road and picked up?

I'm looking at a super clean pre face lift but it's not yet registered on UK roads they want me to put down a deposit then they can start the registration process how long does it normally take (It's already in the UK) any ideas people ?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Around 3 weeks depends how much load the DVLA have.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Joshhawker

hollowaydc5 said:
Around 3 weeks depends how much load the DVLA have.

That's not that bad ! I thought it was around 6-8 weeks and that wait would of killed me ! Cheers mate

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Think someone said that it is quicker if you have your own/private plate ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Joshhawker said:
That's not that bad ! I thought it was around 6-8 weeks and that wait would of killed me ! Cheers mate
Sometimes they can be quicker, I think I had to wait around 2.5weeks mate

gurrik

The whole process for me was about 4 months. I bought it in October and drove away in February. Once it was in the country I think the dvla took about 3-4 weeks

Joshhawker

gurrik said:
The whole process for me was about 4 months. I bought it in October and drove away in February. Once it was in the country I think the dvla took about 3-4 weeks

Yeah this one is already in the UK it's from Dover I can't remember the companies name. It is really really clean and they just want a deposit and then they can carry on with the process of registering it on the road

Midnight

Advanced Member
Dover is SVA imports?

They have what looks to be a nice example for sale advertised.

Shame they have a less than impressive reputation...

Joshhawker

Midnight said:
Dover is SVA imports?

They have what looks to be a nice example for sale advertised.

Shame they have a less than impressive reputation...
That's them !! This was going to be my next question to anyone that delt with them ..

What have they done ? The car looks unbelievably clean

Midnight

Advanced Member
Yes pictures always seems to be good, however they have not got the best reputation for sales & customer service.

All I'd say, is make sure you do your homework, Japanese HPI and research before parting with any money.

Joshhawker

Midnight said:
Yes pictures always seems to be good, however they have not got the best reputation for sales & customer service.

All I'd say, is make sure you do your homework, Japanese HPI and research before parting with any money.
Thanks for the heads up mate I'll keep that in mind. I've got my eye on another one which is a little bit of a drive to get to but it's worth the travel if it's the right car

kyle'87

Advanced Member
4 months from deposit to opening the car door.

I was extremely picky and once the car was in the country the DVLA decided to migrate their databases so a long delay in getting it registered.

Super happy with the end result however and I would happily wait 4 months again to get the right car.