How long to wait after a paint job?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
So I have just had my front and rear bumper sprayed to tidy up the car. How long do I have to wait for the paint to cure so I can wash and wax it?

A google search suggests I have to wait up to 3months!

spooke

Advanced Member
Ask who painted it, as you I've read from 30 to 90 days... I was looking to get mine painted and clear wrapped, but I think by the time it's ready to be wrapped it will be chipped!

Jvzr

Advanced Member
I had my front end painted twice in a few months.
had a bad reaction to something.

The second panel beater advised 90 days.
Met him on the 75th day and before a show and he fully advised me to wait the rest of the 90 days before waxing.
I stuck with hes advice

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Okay I'll stick to that then. Just seems so long to wait without washing an waxing it :(

Got it done a TGM but forgot to ask. Will did say don't put on your sticky plate for a few more weeks.

muffinman

Advanced Member
I recently had my front bumper painted and was told you dont really need wait at all, given modern paints and the fact that its baked anyway.

I still left it a couple of weeks anyway

Darren4

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Okay I'll stick to that then. Just seems so long to wait without washing an waxing it :(
Got it done a TGM but forgot to ask. Will did say don't put on your sticky plate for a few more weeks.
I'd say phone Tgm and kindly ask them, no harm and I'm sure tom etc will give you a quick answer :)

2ndy

Advanced Member
Don't need to wait anytime, my s2000 had a full respray and I had about 19 layers of Wax on it within a week lol