how long woth petrol light on?

mikegsi

Staff member
mines been on for 20 miles so far, forgot to fill up yesterday, nearest shell station is about 5 miles away, will imake it??

anyone else gone further with the light on?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
nope crapped myself having to drive 5 miles with it on in traffic. Especially seeing as mine seems to drink it like I drink beer :lol:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
the most i did was 13 miles and i kept her out of VTEC until I made a station. it's good to know I can last at least 20 on the light now tho - cheers mike! :lol:

User

Advanced Member
Bearing in mind how accurate our fuel gauges are - I'd say fuel light on means you have anything between 6 feet and 60 miles left before you run out.

:lol:

Archie

Advanced Member
I have done 20 and the needle was still not right at the bottom so i always aim for this , im sure you will make it just keep the right foot light and avoid the traffic :D

No :xvtec: :D

mikegsi

Staff member
i made it!!!

just shy of 25 miles, could feel the car backing off a little on hills, but then i saw the golden glow of the shell garage!

49.50 litres later and i was confidently back on the road!

could have squeezed a little more in too, but it was nicely rounded up to £45!

ally_mac

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
i made it!!!

just shy of 25 miles, could feel the car backing off a little on hills, but then i saw the golden glow of the shell garage!

49.50 litres later and i was confidently back on the road!
Same as me mate, i done 25 miles in mine last nite with fuel light on and got 49.48 litres in her, but dont 4get, if u fill it 2the neck, the pipe leadin 2the tank can hold nearly 2litres, ontop of the 50litre tank, so i prob had 2.5 litres of fuel left in mine

gaz3434

Advanced Member
I recently did a test to see how many miles I could get out of a full tank. I filled it with sainsburys super unleaded and a bottle of millers octane booster and drove to and from work as i normally do (fair bit of stop-start driving in medium traffic).

I kept it out of the vtec (VERY hard to do in an ITR! :wink: ) and did not exceed 60mph the whole time! At the end of it all I managed to get 363 miles and 32 of those were with the petrol light on, which seems to come on quite early in the DC5.

I was pretty surprised with this result but I suppose it is a testament to Honda's fantabulous VTEC engineering! I normally get about 310-330 miles out of a full tank with said fuel and booster.