How loud is the Spoon in comparisson? Is it a good back box?

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
Ok I have a Spoon back box with no silencer but not heard any of the others.

On paper the Spoon is supposed to be one of the loud ones, and im normally the first to find something loud, but I find this pipe fine.

Is it really louder than the majority?

I have looked at the thread with the vid of them all on but it is painfully slow to load :(

I was thinking of a Fujitsubo as it looks beefier and better flowing at the back but might not bother if they are very quiet, and the Spoon is considdered a good flowing pipe.

So is it loud compared to others, and does it flow well??

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Re: How loud is the Spoon in comparisson? Is it a good back

Dark Blue Mark said:
Ok I have a Spoon back box with no silencer but not heard any of the others.

On paper the Spoon is supposed to be one of the loud ones, and im normally the first to find something loud, but I find this pipe fine.

Is it really louder than the majority?

I have looked at the thread with the vid of them all on but it is painfully slow to load :(

I was thinking of a Fujitsubo as it looks beefier and better flowing at the back but might not bother if they are very quiet, and the Spoon is considdered a good flowing pipe.

I have a full spoon system setup with 4into2 2into1 manifold,b pipe and n1 backbox. This system is very loud when you start it up from cold but once warmed up its a bit quieter. Although when you do floor it,it sounds very nice and throaty. I find that having a full spoon system makes a big difference in power and torque,this is because i used to have just a HKS cat back exhaust and that was restricting the gases leaving. This was proven when i had the rolling road done at System R. Hope this helps. :wink:

So is it loud compared to others, and does it flow well??

Ezza

Advanced Member
I have a fujitsubo catback powegetter and its quiet no doubt. Many people find the full spoon system too much, depends from one to another tbh. I didnt mind it on the CTR but felt the DC5 was needing a bigger zorst, but i wouldnt mind switching exhausts though if you fancy a powergetter 8)

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Between performance and build quality there is nothing to choose between Fujitsubo and Spoon.

The Spoon's just louder, especially around 2000-3000RPM. Very droney around town. That's why I switched.

mikegsi

Staff member
i had the full spoon cat back, but only briefly, was far too loud, this was coupled with the toda mani though

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
Between performance and build quality there is nothing to choose between Fujitsubo and Spoon.

The Spoon's just louder, especially around 2000-3000RPM. Very droney around town. That's why I switched.
I think SPOON is proven to be slightly better for power gains that the Fujitsubo isnt it? :wink:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
i had the full spoon cat back, but only briefly, was far too loud, this was coupled with the toda mani though
See this is what people hear and then say the spoon is too loud.

I heard the spoon N1 with toda mani on stu's old car and my god it was LOUD.
I have the spoon N1 system on my car atm, with the std manifold and its so much more quiet than with the mani, its not even comperable.

I dont find the spoon overly loud at all with std mani, its not obtrusive inside the car (it is with the toda), and if your not going to change tyhe mani i think its a good choice!

If i was changing my manifold id of gone with mugen twinloop.

Raffe

Advanced Member
I have the Fujitsubo Power Getter too and am hoping that when I eventually change the manifold it will beef the sound up a bit as I find it a bit reserved :(

conoroneill

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:
conoroneill said:

I think SPOON is proven to be slightly better for power gains that the Fujitsubo isnt it? :wink:
The Spoon makes just under 1BHP more than the Fujitsubo at a certain rev range but the Fujitsubo makes slightly more torque at a certain rev range on a standard DC5.

Do a search and you'll find the results :wink: :roll:

What most people don't realise is that an earthing kit makes about the same gains as a cat back system unless you're pushing 250BHP+ as I mentioned before. You're also actually losing a little torque with 60mm exhaust systems.

The Spoon should come with a complimentry burberry baseball hat.

dotty

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
The Spoon should come with a complimentry burberry baseball hat.
Why :?:

It is more or less a faultless system, Its not a common one either on the DC5, Ep3 yes but then it is a good system with not much expense involved.

It is by no means chavvy IMO :? :|

You could always by a +£500 Toda catback and have the baffles go out on you :idea:

Raffe

Advanced Member
dotty said:
It is by no means chavvy IMO :? :|
Loud exhausts on little 2.0l 4 pots are chavvy IMO, if you want to make a lot of noise you need a proper engine with at least double the number of cylinders xthumbsup

Evs

Advanced Member
Raffe said:
Loud exhausts on little 2.0l 4 pots are chavvy IMO, if you want to make a lot of noise you need a proper engine with at least double the number of cylinders xthumbsup
xthumbup

Not sure about the last bit - six is enough imho (M3, NSX etc)

Raffe

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Raffe said:
xthumbup

Not sure about the last bit - six is enough imho (M3, NSX etc)
6 is good, but 8 is just that little bit nicer for me 8) :wink:

Option

Advanced Member
Buddyclub Spec III is stupid loud
I have the buddy club and would have to agree with the above statement without the bung installed get a headache just driving it. :(

Stu

matt b

Advanced Member
Option said:
Buddyclub Spec III is stupid loud
I have the buddy club and would have to agree with the above statement without the bung installed get a headache just driving it. :(

Stu
Iv had a spec 3 on both of my tegs and covered 30k+ miles and never found it a problem, yes it is loud but not silly loud!

Long journeys can get hectic but other than that its great 8)

slacksr

Advanced Member
I've got Mugen Twinloop at the moment its not loud enough for me. The buddyclub III seems to fit the bill would you guys change exhausts???

Project

Advanced Member
might not be loud enough now but if you decide to put and manifold on i think that combo would sound nice and deep

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
slacksr said:
I've got Mugen Twinloop at the moment its not loud enough for me. The buddyclub III seems to fit the bill would you guys change exhausts???
You have PM :wink: