how loud is toda hi power cat back?

viggen

Advanced Member
hi
im looking at buying a toda catback exhaust.has anyone got/had this exhaust and can give me a review.is it loud?does it drone?whats it like cruising on the motor way?is it family friendly?

anyone know what db it is?

i want it to replace my j's 70RR that is crazy loud even with a bung...and the drone is killing my family

thanks

Dan34

Advanced Member
Minimal drone and not that loud, it sounds great though, by far my favourite.

Last time I got noise tested at a trackday is was 88DB static at 6k revs and that is with a aftermarket manifold with no cat!

Mark_teg

Staff member
I haven't heard one properly, but echoing what Dan says above its meant to be not that loud and sounds like what you're looking for.
All Jasma certified exhausts are pretty subtle when mated to the OEM cat. :)

bluntcap

I went from a loud FEELs exhaust to a Toda (I also have a JRSC so very loud with the FEELs) the Toda felt like I put the OEM exhaust on LOL, honestly the exhaust is perfect, lovely noise on full chat but so liveable day to day.

viggen

Advanced Member
thanks chaps..i have jrsc to,header and no cat...im going to buy the toda...

the toda isnt jasma approved.

only db rating i could find was on fd2 @94db

any more reviews

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
I have a toda race manifold mated to the toda high power exhaust, and in all honestly its a quiet system, get the odd pop in gear changes and down shifts, at normal driving its no louder than the oem system unsilenced

viggen

Advanced Member
thanks for all your advice my toda arrived and sounds great and is quiet,and no drone,even with a supercharger.thanks to matthew at injection imports

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Sorry for hi jacking your thread but since people with Toda are here, anyone willing to measure the rear muffler for me? Diameter and length?

Cheers

viggen

Advanced Member
i can.but my toda is for the acccord cl7 euro r.so the box might be a different size to the dc5

hondazzz

Advanced Member
viggen said:
i can.but my toda is for the acccord cl7 euro r.so the box might be a different size to the dc5
Hmmm dc5 would be best but please do it would be better than nothing!

Cheers