How low can you go on RE070's

scottr89

Advanced Member
Hello everyone,

I have a question for the masses that use the Bridgestone Potenza RE070 on the OEM rims.

How low are your cars and do you have any rubbing issues?

My car is currently lowered by 50mm and I would like to get some RE070's?

Will i have problems since the 225 is 10mm wider than the OEM tyre size?

Thanks

Scott

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
How close are you at the moment? what are the roads like around your way? What are your current tyres?

scottr89

Advanced Member
Cant say exactly how close to be honest its quiet hard to judge, roads are not too bad. Current tyres are some cheap 215/45/17's ;)

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Iv got frsu with the standerd wheels + re70 and the cars lowered about 30mm (I think), I would say anouther 20 mm would be too close. On the inside of the arch liner, but again just a gess from looking at my setup,

HTH bud

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Think gordon had rubbing issues with his on eibach sportlines 50mm drop. Will ask him for you

scottr89

Advanced Member
Iv got frsu with the standerd wheels + re70 and the cars lowered about 30mm (I think), I would say anouther 20 mm would be too close. On the inside of the arch liner, but again just a gess from looking at my setup,

HTH bud

Ys its the inner arch liner that I'm concerned about! Really want to go with these tyres though :(

Think gordon had rubbing issues with his on eibach sportlines 50mm drop. Will ask him for you

Cheers Cali, that would be great ;)

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
He didnt have rubbing issues with a 50mm drop on oem wheels with 215's. I cant see 225s rubbing, im on 30mm drop and they are no way near close to the arch. Pretty sure there are others that run sportlines with no issues

scottr89

Advanced Member
Hi Cali, thank you so much.

I will be ordering some RE070's then :)

Cant wait to get them on!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've never had RE070's but Camskill have Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R for sale in that size for £114 a tyre, supposed to be a cracking tyre and not that much more expensive I'd have thought.

scottr89

Advanced Member
Unreal Its gona work out at around €200 fitted for the 2 tyres!!!

I actually can't wait, love some fresh rubber. Pity I can't afford all 4 at the moment, will have to wait till next month to buy the other 2.