How low is your clutch...

Rom

Advanced Member
So to get some other ideas if how these are..
How low is the biting point of your clutch?

Mines pretty low. To the extent if you don't bury the pedal in the bulkhead, it sometimes snatches gears.
So I'm thinking mines in its way out. I'm just more used to pedals being higher as they wear.

Rom

Advanced Member
I haven't no.

I wanted to see how others were before I fiddled.
Don't want to mail the problem by adjusting it, if it is a sign it's almost dead. As it's still in warranty.

So how far up does your pedals come, before it bites?

Brecht

Advanced Member
mine was about 1/4th biting point , with the pedal fully adjusted so it wouldn't go any higher.
It was crunching at almost every gear change, did my head in.
That was the moment i replaced it ( with oem honda item ), now i can adjust the rod to the shortest (almost) and still the biting point is about half way...
Pedal has gone a lot softer and my god changing gears never was this good !

Rom

Advanced Member
Thanks.

I will try adjusting it. Just dont want to mask a a problem, that ends up needing a clutch just after the warranty is up or something :)

Ive not had it long, and i drive other cars more than my own. So its partly me, being used to not having to push the pedal to the floor to change gear. But it is too low either way.

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
Mines on a brand new OEM Honda clutch and has a fairly high bite point. Half way up roughly and very light. Really nice feel and gear changes are perfect.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
I'm having the same issue 4th gear catching only in VTEC mind, has happened changing to third a couple of times, but my biting point on the clutch is considerably low. hoping an adjustment will sort it.

Rom

Advanced Member
As an update. I done the adjustment, my rod was wound as short as it would go.
Giving me the low bite point.
Ice adjusted it to the specs in the manual. Feels much better so far, though haven't driven it much

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Rom said:
As an update. I done the adjustment, my rod was wound as short as it would go.
Giving me the low bite point.
Ice adjusted it to the specs in the manual. Feels much better so far, though haven't driven it much
Rom, hows it changing and biting now? mine bites almost as soon as i lift the peddle and have to be perfect when changing gears or it'll crunch in low gears if not careful.

T.G.

Rom

Advanced Member
It's changing much better.

I still get the odd feeling sometimes. Like it's kind of popped out of gear. But I think that's probably me not pressing fully.

In all honesty, I drive other cars more than mine. So it's different for me.

bennn

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I haven't no.

I wanted to see how others were before I fiddled.
Don't want to mail the problem by adjusting it, if it is a sign it's almost dead. As it's still in warranty.

So how far up does your pedals come, before it bites?
I'd be surprised if the warranty covered a clutch.