How low will it go????

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
Is anyone running 18's with 45 ET and 225x40's?

Its time to get some lowering springs and my car is running on this wheel/tyre combo, so i just wanna know how low will it go before the wheel arch gets it :?:

also if i get camber adjusters (& a set up) will it push the top of the wheel in enough to clear the arch or is it a pretty minor change in angle :?:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it is very possible with the right brand of tyre (toyo or falken as opposed to goodyear or bridgestone)and a touch more camber it would go to the bumpstops. it will be very close tho,

However what is the width of the rim as this will make a difference too.
if its a 7.5x18 et45 you might just be lucky (fag paper clearence)
If its an 8x18 et45 you might not as it will stick out 6mm more from the hub

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
The tyres are toyo proxes and the rim is 7.5 x 18.

Will my rears be sitting at an exagerated angle then si? Dont want it to look like the boots full of bricks :D

NZITR

Advanced Member
It does depend on the tyre but you will probably need quite a lot of negative camber to prevent rubbing on the rear. I'd estimate about -1.5 degrees based upon my setup (225/45/17 on 17x7.5 ET43 -2 degrees rear camber).

Lowering the suspension will naturally give you more camber than you need in the rear but you won't have the clearance to dial it out completely with a camber kit. As long as you are prepared to run a bit more camber in the front I'd say it's ok.

raz786

Advanced Member
I uised to have 225's and they rub at the rear (might be ok if you get the arches rolled), but 215's are fine