How many DC5's are there in the Country?

GTITR

I'm not sure on numbers for DC5's in the UK, but I can tell you that in the 14 months I have been driving mine, I have yet to see another on the road. I would say it's pretty rare... :D

G.

Erm

Advanced Member
i'd of said more like 70-80

as the cars pretty much always end up being one from litchfields or jpc :lol:

r34andy

Hi there folks Iam a Jap import salesman in central Scotland and approx. selling 2 or 3 a month and have been for the last year, would be able to sell far more but get them in the country quick enough, can honestly say for all the years importing vehicles there has never been another car with the genral public showing so much intrest . I think the number of DC5 currently in the UK is about to boom.

r34andy

Dont think the DC5 will ever be labeled as common as the likes of the Impreza, but the Impreza is a legend of a car and will always be popular no matter what. Just hope the DC5 has as many popular years that the scooby is having.

truffs

a little problem with that, they still make Subarus but i belive the Type R brand is coming to a close soon in Japan :cry:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Hmm I expect there will be an explosion of Tegs if they do well in this years BTCC !!

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
I think there will be a lot more coming into the country for a few reasons:-

1. I'm sure that when cars become 3 yrs old in Japan thay have a really tough MOT type exam, so most cars older than 3 get replaced. As the early DC5's are now just gone 3 yr old the influx of them being sold in Japan will drastically increase - therefore more will come over here.

2. As said above about this years BTCC.

3. As also said previously by a R34andy - they can't get enough of them, as they seem to sell quickly.

I just hope the prices don't start falling - especially as i may be about to aquire one !

Yambo

Advanced Member
Nerer ever ever seen one!! First day mine is road legal I drive past one at the top of my road!! lol :D
Helsby Teg - Who are you?!?!?!!
Read a review to do with BTCC and less than 100 are registered in the UK. I'm sure this will increase over the next year! Wonder if Japan has anything else to offer?!