How many miles after the low petrol light?

rick c

Advanced Member
I've not long had the car and the twice I've filled it up the light's come on around 250 miles. However when I fill the car up I can only get around 45 litres in.

How big's the tank? If its a 60 litre tank then by my reckoning I should be able to get about 330 miles to a full tank.

So if I can get another 80 miles out of a full tank then doing 50 miles after the light comes on (ie 300 miles total) shouldn't be pushing it too much should it?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Pretty sure it's a 50L tank mate, so you don't want to being going much further tbh, let alone another 80 miles!

fonz600

Advanced Member
Usually 30miles and I wouldn't put money on that either. Dpepends how you drive as well.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Fuel gauge is crap on the DC5, i use mine as an indicator only. You simply cant rely on it. Do so at your peril!

logik

Advanced Member
ian.herm01 said:
Fuel gauge is crap on the DC5, i use mine as an indicator only. You simply cant rely on it. Do so at your peril!
Agree with this, i use it as an estimate.

jay82

Advanced Member
the tegg has a 50l tank and 100% on that,
and any time my light comes on i always get about 46 to 47l

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I once went 60 miles with the light on (had no choice, my usual Shell along the route was closed so just followed my TomTom to the closest one). I still got in 46l. I did however have KPro and I was doing 40 the whole way.

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
I've found the petrol guage on my Teg to be the worst out of any car i've driven. It'll be on around a 1/4 to 1/3 full, and then the next day when you start the car up it's down to the empty mark and the bloody light's on, meaning a slow crawl to the nearest BP and being late for work :)

I don't trust the guage at all, i'm sure it's out to get me.... :shock: :evil:

neil_integra

Advanced Member
logik said:
ian.herm01 said:
Agree with this, i use it as an estimate.
Yep agree with that, its cr@p. I got a mile once!!! Then another time 14 miles i dont understand it.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
It does seem that when the gauge gets to about a third full the fuel seems to vanish rather quickly and thats with steady driving and not hammering it.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
My Fuel gauge on my civic coupe sounds just the same the first quater seems to go forever lol and then in the morning u start up and its dropped lol. Its only got a 40 litre tank though and i manage to get 300 miles out of a tank and back and forth to work. Bring on the teg in febuary :D

Freddie

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
the first quarter lasts forever :lol:
Snap. :lol:

To be honest, i think most of my dials are tripping on acid. The speedo seams to get exponentially worse the faster i go.

130, aye right!