How many miles does it take?

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Just got some new tyres fitted, how many miles does it take to get them scrubbed in up to the optimum grip level

. I set off from the tyres place and it was like driving on ICE. :shock:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
On a bike they recomend(sp) at least 100m.

But i can run mine in @ around 50m.

But i'm "HARDCORE", so would suggest around 75m, with some spirited driving :lol: :lol:

celox performance

Advanced Member
It depends on your geometry and type of tyre. If you have loads of neg camber then it will always take longer for them to scrub in. I'd say give them around 250 road miles to fully scrub in.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
I was thinking there was somethign wrong with them, i have only been 10 miles, i'm off to the Ring at the weekend and need grip! I have a completely standard set-up. It has been ages sonce i had some new tyres on.

nefor

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
On a bike they recomend(sp) at least 100m.

But i can run mine in @ around 50m.

But i'm "HARDCORE", so would suggest around 75m, with some spirited driving :lol: :lol:
"careful" spirited driving :p

Metalhead

Had some Toyo T1-Rs on my Dc2 and they took about 500 (gentle) road miles to come on song... they were proper scary for the first 50 or so miles!!!

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Metalhead said:
Had some Toyo T1-Rs on my Dc2 and they took about 500 (gentle) road miles to come on song... they were proper scary for the first 50 or so miles!!!
Yep know exactly what you mean..........i though i has a dodgy batch. I have 400 miles to get to the Ring so it should be ok by the time i get there.

Thanks everybody for your help............

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Nope, decided on RE050A, i still have the jap spec 40's on the rear.

I spoke to bridgestone technical department, the jap spec 40's are completly different to the UK ones, for instance 88W is not the same thing, the Japanese and Euro spec are not the same

88w jap = 94 Euro !

cup_66

Advanced Member
Just got eagle f1s on mine,done over 700miles this weekend,and i'm still not happy with them! :roll:

jams

cup_66 said:
Just got eagle f1s on mine,done over 700miles this weekend,and i'm still not happy with them! :roll:
im in the same boat mate i dont think there that good tbh

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
I'm affraid there are laods of negative feedback on ones made in China. Suggest you might want to change them. I notice that some Bridgestones are not made in Japan, mine fortunately are, i made a specific statement to the tyre fitters and they spoke to their supplier while i was there.

Seems you can't be too careful with tyres, i'm not saying the same thing is true with Bridgestone, jsut didn't want to take the risk.

Mine are coming good now after 50 miles......not a lot of wheel spin in second going round a corner with the accelerator buried in the carpet.

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
with my yokos it took about 600-800 miles to get good grip..they felt really strange that i had to have the car check out at a garage...nothing was wrong and i just waited to cover more miles. now i have about 1500 miles with new tires and car feels great! much better than the Pilot Sports..