How many miles from a tank of fuel.

truffs

No, just a good mechanic at a good garage who can sort out the fuel management to such an extent that it runs 300 miles on a tank :D
Cheers Mr Turner from Jakan 8)

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
hmmm trip to donnington and back. 240miles and near enough a full tank gone :cry:
need to practice more at economy motorway / dual carriage way driving.
:lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Donnington round trip was about 260-270 for me. Managed 342 out of that tank, no VTEC just sensible motorway cruising, and it took 46.33 litres to refill. I make that about 32.8mpg.

Btw - nice avatar, Chris 8) xthumbup

GHOSTITR

andyd22 said:
i just managed 341 Miles in mine.

is this good?

Andy
Wait a minute here; All I get from a tankfull to the reserve light with 100 Oct is 320 "Kilometres" NOT "Miles".

What am I doing wrong here :roll:

City driving with mild v-tecing.

truffs

that will be miles not kilometers. When the conversion is done for the speedo it automaticaly does the odometer as well, so you will find that it will be 320 miles :D

T666YPR

They still run in "kph" in cyprus too Dan.

320k is about 199miles so you are pretty low to average.

GHOSTITR

T666YPR said:
They still run in "kph" in cyprus too Dan.

320k is about 199miles so you are pretty low to average.
Yeah, still Kph in Cyprus and 350 Kph is max I got without V-tec action. Listen to this though with 100 Oct I got about 30-40 Kilometres more on the odo rather than the 98 Oct.

I still believe that conversion or not the odo reads KpH.

Has anyone tested it with actual road distance. I gone a do mine next time I am out there. :)

andyd

Advanced Member
just filled up again!

191.7 miles :shock: :shock:

WTF!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Andy

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
andyd22 said:
just filled up again!

191.7 miles :shock: :shock:

WTF!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Andy
maybe you have been making the most of your new engine :D

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Well chuffed, just filled up on 290miles! :D

Last 20 may have been on the warning light though, as that was the nearest Shell :? :oops:

Won't be doing that again, but nice to know that I can get a respectable distance from my tank :)

Shame about the £40 it cost me to fill her :cry:

CoreEng

it cost me 27.50 (pounds) to fill mine with 100Octane here in Japan and i get about 270miles max (normaly about 230) out of one tank the way i drive here (peddel to the floor :evil: )

Gavin

truffs

guys i get 300 miles out of a Turbo :!: :!: what are you doing remember there are 6 gears in this thing :!: :lol: :lol:

andyd

Advanced Member
truffs said:
guys i get 300 miles out of a Turbo :!: :!: what are you doing remember there are 6 gears in this thing :!: :lol: :lol:
u driving like a granny? :lol:

i think you need some lessons on driving the car properly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy

mikegsi

Staff member
just managed 300 miles out of my tank, £41 to fill up (opti is upto 90.9 round here! :evil: )

so im quite happy with that, did quite a bit of vtecing, but had a 180mile round trip on a reasonably busy A road out of this tankfull.

first time ive had the petrol light come on!!

Sharpey

Advanced Member
I think Andy should come on a track day with us Dan to find out if we drive like granny's :lol:

truffs

too right after leaving with no rear brake pads and a broken turbo actuator + 9mpg :shock: i still live that day out awesome :!:

andyd

Advanced Member
yea alright ill come.

hopefully i won't blow the end up :S

is there any noise reg's :shock:

Andy