How many miles from a tank of fuel.

truffs

nparmar said:
250 for me. I could only dream of getting anything like 300 from mine!!
it can be done trust me :!: with a little fetterling with the ECU etc. Honda over fuel the engines to be on the safe side. I have 300bhp and trust me with conservative driving (usually means boring motorways for me) i can just touch that magic 300 mile mark :!:

Adz

Advanced Member
Andy.. I burned £15.00 in bout half an hour the other day! :lol: :lol:

truffs

ive got an e-management from Greddy but as you can see from my posts everything on my car is Greddy :shock:

alot of people use the hondate on this forum and swear by it. ive never had any problems with mine but they arent as common over here as they are Japan or the USA and so therefore fewer people can program them. AEM is another good make i believe Thor Racing and CPL racing do both of these. If you put up a new thread asking about them i sure you will get more than enough advice and alot of arguing going on :!:

neolee40

Advanced Member
just to let you guys know i fulled her up £42 AND I GOT 331 MILES OUT OF IT MOSTLY MOTORWAY MILES and a few times vtec ing :)

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
I managed 338 before the fuel light went on this weekend although it was pretty much all motorway miles at an average of 80 MPH, still I was very pleased as I don't think I got anywhere near this in the CTR.

emaresea

I seem to be getting about 300 per tank of Shell's finest. My local garage is about the cheapest I have found - long may it remain so!

A couple of longish journeys this week have returned an extra 40 - 45 miles.

Overall I'm very pleased with the performance / economy. But I will say it loves the Optimax - drinks gallons of the stuff.

g-zone

Advanced Member
This thread is ridiculous! Bring on the "How few miles have you got from a tank" thread. :wink:

Oh, 317 btw but not in the red, probably had another 20 to go...

truffs

OK then. last night fuelled her up with Optimax her favourite drink, left Reading went to High Leadon (Glos a distance of approx 85mile)just over half a tank left, i thank you :lol:

The worst fuel consumption was Bedford. Went out with half a tank of petrol
( 20 litres) did 5 laps and had fuel starvation and fuel light on :shock:

bedford i think is 3.2 miles long 5 x 3.2 miles = 16 miles

4.5 litres = 1 gallon

20 litres = 4.4 gallons

16 miles divided 4.4 gallons = 3.64 miles to the gallon :shock: :shock: :shock:

so my worst consumption is 3.64 miles to the gallon beat that :wink: :wink:

T666YPR

It'd be cheaper to PUSH your car round the track Dan :lol:

But not as much fun...

...unless you count comedy value :wink:

truffs

its fantastic though. If i drive it conservativley i can get 300 miles out of a tank which equates to approx 34mpg but if i want to i can get it down to 3mpg awesome 8)

i have pushed it twice whilst ive sat with the ex in the car chatting (usually most cases arguing), ignition off and music off, those batteries dont really have the staying power :!:

kingston

Advanced Member
Correct thread to post in :oops: :oops:

£20 of Tesco's finest (85p for 99 ron :D ) - 111 miles

That good or bad?

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Max I have ever had is 270 miles to a full tank (mainly motorway). Any further and I would have had to push. Car is on 61000mile. Does this make any difference? What the hell do you do to get ~350 out of it.

truffs

The reason i get so many miles out of a tank is due to two things-
- One a remapped ECU so its not overfueling itself which is a precaution done by Honda in the higher rev renge
- two, becasue i have a turbo all my torque is up to 5500 RPM so i very rarely take it beyond that.