How many mpg does a standard DC5 get driving carefully?

Evs

Advanced Member
20-40 IME. You'll struggle to find something more economical with the same performance tbh.

dazza

Advanced Member
Did a little test a while back and it worked out about 34ish mpg, that was combined driving.
As Evs said for the performance out of the car and returning such resonable mpg you can't get much better :D

Paul G

Members
mine's all stand apart from a back box & i worked it out @ 33mpg on road & 8mpg :shock: on track..

Alot better than the sub 20mpg that some sports cars do!!

Paul.

bezza4

Advanced Member
I get about 28 - 30 mpg doing mainly motorway driving. Get about 280 - 300 miles out of the tank before the petrol light comes on.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Motorway driving with occasional VTEC gets me about 320-350 miles out of a tank, which is about 29-31 MPG.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
The best I've had is about 280miles to a tank on the motorway.

I usually get about 220-240. :oops:

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've had just over 300 miles to a full tank. Usually I get around 280 miles to a tank full and i'm happy with that. My GF's got a Saxo VTR :oops: and she gets the same mpg as I do out of her 1.6 engine :lol:

At least the DC5 figures are consistent and a lot of other performance cars mpg varies massively :shock:

timp

Advanced Member
£50 to fill up the tank and would hope to get 300 max from that, but would normally be closer to 270

mark type r

Advanced Member
Is this using 99ron petrol as well? Cause £50 to a tank is good if it is. I put £35 in my GTi using standard unleaded and it does 240 miles to the tank. The light comes on at about 200 miles but i have the privlege of a give or take proton dial :D

mark type r

Advanced Member
timp said:
99ron, no mate v power so that be a claimed 100.

So £50 quid a tank using v power isn't that bad really. The missus has a ST170 and it takes £50 to fill on standard fuel!

impne

Advanced Member
I'm getting about 290 on £48 of V-Power

I'm happy with that, be even more happy if Mr Brown dropped the tax a bit

mark type r

Advanced Member
impne said:
I'm getting about 290 on £48 of V-Power

I'm happy with that, be even more happy if Mr Brown dropped the tax a bit
I'd be happy if Mr Brown would ...... :D