how much diiference does it make if you strip the inside out

benny

Advanced Member
i know weight saving helps, but how much difference does it make? on a 1.9 205 the took almost a secong of the 0-60 time byu striping out almost everything!

celox performance

Advanced Member
A second off the 0-60 time is very good tbh.

I know in my Prelude I gained 0.5s on the 1/4 mile by only keeping the dash/polycarbonate windows, A/C and cruise control in.

I wouldn't have thought there would be a great weight saving by just stripping the interior on the DC5 really, but every bit helps! One of the best weight saving mods is a carbon bonnet, that's if you haven't got one already that is. Mine was around a 1/4 of the weight of the OEM bonnet and is really light :D

It depends on what you want your car for. I use mine mainly on track and occasionally on the roads, but for what I need the car for I won't be removing the trim.

mikegsi

Staff member
i stripped loads out of mine and dropped nearly half a second instantly, took the back and front pass seats out, only did one run and as above, knocked nearly a half second off instantly, compared to the runs on the same day.

just bought a crx for fun/track/quarter miles and that will be getting completely stripped out!

at the end of the day though if its your daily drive you have to live with, i couldnt live with my dc5 stripped out, i would take the back seats out for track days etc but always put them back in afterwards, its only a five minute job though

as you know i also had a carbon bonnet and the difference in weight was unreal, also had the titanium cat back, now that weighed no more than a few coins!!! every little helped!

logik

Advanced Member
Unless you are into track days and actual races then i wouldn't do it to mine. I can see the desire to do it if i was going to race the car.

jonster

Advanced Member
I found a 20kg saving quite significant with mine on the road and especially on the track. You can definitely feel it with the butt dyno. Swapping the standard Recaros for Sparco seats achieved this. Taking out the up-right section of the rear seats helped too.

I don't agree on the carbon bonnet saving. I ran one for a while but found it made no noticeable difference in performance compared to stock. I know it was appreciably lighter when comparing the two on the scales but on the car it's not from my experience.

Gunn79

Advanced Member
It makes a big difference to me, to how many surfboards I can fit in :D

I also stripped mine as I wanted to use a drivers side harness. The extra noise etc... all adds to the driving fun (if you like it raw and noisy).

benny

Advanced Member
you calling me fat??? lol just cos i live of pizza and fosters and that i have a 48" waste doesnt mean im fat you know!
(just for the record the above is a lie! its stella lol)

willcrook

would of thought that 20k backseats and a carbon fibre bonnet would make a nice difference,

what about the carbon fibre tailgate?

how much does the cf bonnet save?

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
The backseat only weight about 3 kg, not 20kg. I know i have taken mine out a few time while fitting the rear speaker cables! There are no springs etc, just a token guesture really!