How much does your Indy charge for services?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Oil service? Is an oil filter required?

Gearbox oil change?

Also how often, mileage, distance, time do you go for?

What other things needs to be looked at at about 100k

Chewy

Advanced Member
Search is your friend. :xyes:

Not sure on cost as I do it myself.

If you're changing oil, Always change the filter.

Personally, bare minimum for me on a 100K service depending on what has been done before;

Oil
OIl Filter
New sump bolt and washer.
Spark plugs
Engine Coolant
Gearbox Oil
Pollen filter
Brake Fluid

- Check belts, valve clearances...Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Every 6months/6000 miles - Oil and Filter (Mine is a daily driver) + check everything and replace as required.

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Every 5000 miles mine get oil and filter change. And any thing I notice in between is instantly replaced.

David_showerks

Advanced Member
To be fair I have only done 5k in just under year so I don't mind as its one full service a year really.

p1tse

Advanced Member
thanks

assume "Check belts, valve clearances" is a job for a mechnachnic
or can this be visible by sound rattle or anything else?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Valve clearances need to be checked by a mechanic, and belts although a quick visual check for wear is usually fine it could also be checked by a mechanic for piece of mind.

Undoing bolts and pouring in liquid is easy to do, Anything more than that and my knowledge is a little restricted.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Every 3000 miles since 59,000km my car has had a new oil change and oil filter. Its on 139,000km now.

Chewy said:
Search is your friend. :xyes:

Not sure on cost as I do it myself.

If you're changing oil, Always change the filter.

Personally, bare minimum for me on a 100K service depending on what has been done before;

Oil
OIl Filter
New sump bolt and washer.
Spark plugs
Engine Coolant
Gearbox Oil
Pollen filter
Brake Fluid

- Check belts, valve clearances...Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Every 6months/6000 miles - Oil and Filter (Mine is a daily driver) + check everything and replace as required.
X2

Chewy

Advanced Member
TypeRich said:
Every 3000 miles since 59,000km my car has had a new oil change and oil filter. Its on 139,000km now.

X2
Haha, That's 20 oil and filter changes in just over 60,000 miles and <£1000 in parts alone...

Now that's maintenance xthumbup

integraleo

Advanced Member
To be honest with modern fully synthetic oils that are designed to last longer than ever before before breaking down the trend of replacing it every 3-5000 miles is overkill. Standard honda service schedule is 12000 miles or once a year. With pretty much all of us using oils above and beyond the spec that honda recommend I don't see the point with overkill on the service issue. I cover around 8000-9500 miles a year and service mine once a year,Im sure some of you disagree with my opinion

Rom

Advanced Member
No your spot on.

People are just throwing money away.
But you will never convince them other wise. And for the relatively small cost, most wouldn't take the risk.

I myself still change mine more than I should. But I'm a mechanic, get oil free, and have a ramp. I don't do a lot of miles, so do mine on age.
If I were paying someone to do it, I'd do it less often.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
I do mine myself and if I want to change it every 3000miles im more than entitled too. I agree on one sense that it could be left a little longer as the oil was still pretty much golden when I drained it haha

But its my baby and I love looking after it :D

Chewy said:
Haha, That's 20 oil and filter changes in just over 60,000 miles and <£1000 in parts alone...

Now that's maintenance xthumbup
Yup, have receipts and all haha

jay82

Advanced Member
I do mine 6 to 8000km or six months which ever comes first. Nine years of doing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
integraleo said:
To be honest with modern fully synthetic oils that are designed to last longer than ever before before breaking down the trend of replacing it every 3-5000 miles is overkill. Standard honda service schedule is 12000 miles or once a year. With pretty much all of us using oils above and beyond the spec that honda recommend I don't see the point with overkill on the service issue. I cover around 8000-9500 miles a year and service mine once a year,Im sure some of you disagree with my opinion
Agreed! Modern oils are now so good that car manufacturers are uping their service intervals drastically! 2 years / 20k miles is pretty common now, even from Porsche and BMW!

David Fox

Advanced Member
I still use Honda, every year, regardless of mileage (granted, I only do a couple of thousand a year). I take it to Blackpool Honda, and have never been charged more than £180.