How much for a dip headlight bulb

martin f

I have had my integra now for about 6 months and been finding spare parts to buy not to bad until i asked Honda for a price for a dipped headlight bulb after being pulled over by a freindly policeman.
£85.00 What i said, i almost fell over. Do you think he got his wires crossed. Surely not!!!
Has anyone else had to buy a dipped bulb? and howmuch did you pay?
Apart from a fuse could it be anything else??
Thanks
Regards Martin

sh33n

Advanced Member
I assume you have HIDs?

If so that sounds about right unfortunately!

There was another site that did replacements; sure someone will have it bookmarked and pass on the info.

sh33n

Advanced Member
martin f said:
Do you know what is so special about these bulbs and what does HIDs mean??

Martin
Do the look like xenon headlights, do they look quite blue? If so they are HIDs; they are a high power bulb etc.

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Hopefully it's not the powerpack situated underneath the headlights as they have a tendancy to go too. To find that out, pull the bumper off (do a search on the forums to do this) and headlights, then swap the bulbs. If the blown side still doesn't work then it's the powerpack.

martin f

Unfotunately i swapped a few things around and it would seem it is the powerpack, £190 worth!

BUGGER...............

Martin

mike99

Advanced Member
anyone know what the power outage of the oem dc5 hids are please? as i have ahd a set of 6000k bi-xenon hids and they were really really good. if the dc5 ones dont match up i shall be replacing them with an aftermarket set.

thanks.