How much is my Teg worth??? might be selling

JDC5

Charged DC5
Yep! i do totally agree with you.. too much on the front wheel is just no good.. but having it just rite, now thats better!

everything you put in a car is gona cost, even if its turbo or supercharger..lol.. so we cant win!

850+, that must be a monster!! then again, i suspect he has drag racing tyres on them..

hmmm... mid range... how abt something totally different.. M3?

JD

MrHanky

Advanced Member
timp said:
MrHanky said:
JDC5 said:
the speed??? i think if you put a supercharge in the DC5, i'm sure it will match the speed of the supra!! just an idea..

JD
Don't get me wrong, the DC5 is a quick car (especially down lanes etc), but its the mid range power of the Supra which I love. Supercharger would be cool but it costs, and there is only so much power that you can put down on a FWD car effectively.
Yeah your right, Paul from system r is putting down 850+ from his civic quite effectively though :D

11k tops for the motor i would say :(
Holy crap thats a lot of power :)

MrHanky

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
Yep! i do totally agree with you.. too much on the front wheel is just no good.. but having it just rite, now thats better!

everything you put in a car is gona cost, even if its turbo or supercharger..lol.. so we cant win!

850+, that must be a monster!! then again, i suspect he has drag racing tyres on them..

hmmm... mid range... how abt something totally different.. M3?

JD
Whilst I do like German cars and appreciate how good they are, they just seem to sensible. My Supra was the first car I ever really modified and to be honest that was one of the things that I really enjoyed about owning the car. So the DC5 is a very good comprimise as it will do everything I need it to, won't cost anywhere near as much to run and still be very individual.

Only thing that I am quite miffed about is the fact that I have only just given the Supra a full respray which cost 2.5k :(
Oh and the Bride seats have only been in a month or 2 as well. Hay ho, the Recaro's are excellent in the DC5 :)

I will be modifting it but nothing crazy. Will certainly be swapping the RM01A for something a bit louder (may well go for a J's Racing system) and will probably change the wheels when money is available. Not sure what to as there are so many nice choices. I love the Time Attack versions of the TE37's and CE28N's but also like a couple of the %Zigens.

JDC5

Charged DC5
yeah! german cars are made to be just driven..lol

well 2.5k on respray and new bride seat!! haha.. well no point in selling to let the new owner enjoy it!

yeah.. think its time to modify the DC5 abit.. even if you dnt like it still and decide to sell, you could asways sell the parts on here to recoup back money and sell the car.. so you dnt really lose out much..

Yeah the time attack colours are startin to grow on me too.. then again.. its volks! and you are payin for the name...

JD

MrHanky

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
yeah! german cars are made to be just driven..lol

well 2.5k on respray and new bride seat!! haha.. well no point in selling to let the new owner enjoy it!

yeah.. think its time to modify the DC5 abit.. even if you dnt like it still and decide to sell, you could asways sell the parts on here to recoup back money and sell the car.. so you dnt really lose out much..

Yeah the time attack colours are startin to grow on me too.. then again.. its volks! and you are payin for the name...

JD
LOL, yes I do agree with you on the paying for the name part. The 5Zinen GN+'s are very nice and a lot cheaper than the Volks. Really like the Weds SA90's too

JDC5

Charged DC5
i mean... rota's are good too.. plus its a hell lot cheaper.. and its light.

you could get rota is a similar design and get the colour scheme... i'm not fussed with name brands...lol

JD