How much of a selling point are the Recaro's

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Right guys my Recaro's are looking a little tired and I don't find them very comfortable if you're driving for more than 30 mins.

I was thinking of replacing them with some civic type r seats but then I wondered about when I come to sell the car whether some people would be put off by it not having the recaros.

I know it wasn't a massive deal for me that the recaro's were there but what do you all think?

JDC5

Charged DC5
its best to keep them... i mean, try looking on ebay for some civic seats, im sure you can find some cheap ones on there, and just store the recaro's in a garage or something.

if i robbed the bank.. i would get a set of bride seats!!!

JD

JT3173

Advanced Member
Well if your Recaro's are looking tired then that may be a negitive point, and the Civic Type R seats are not that good IMO, they are not that huggy.

I have just sold my Recaro's for some Buddy Club P1 Limited Edition seats in red because I found my Recaro's to be very, very uncomfortable over long distances, like 600 miles, unfortunatly a regular trip for me over the last year.

The P1 seats are superb IMO, they are very supportive and comfortable, it feels like are molded to you and are great for track work as they are low, they also come in various sizes so you can have them very huggy or in my case huggy as I have a large, I am 32 waist. They also save you about 30kg over the stock seats.

steveitr

Advanced Member
I would keep them mate, i know if i was personally l;ooking at a DC5 and it did not have recaros it would put me off, also some people may think its had accident/flood damage if they are not available.

Grangey

Advanced Member
unless its the recaro ctr annaversery seats then it would massivly put me off as a potential buyer.

Stoo

Whining.....
I wouldnt buy one with anyhting LESS the recaro seats lets put it that way!

dan the man

Advanced Member
Go se a physio, ask them to look at your posture in the car..they might be able to advice on seat position and extra thigh or back padding to help things get comfortable?

Freddie

Advanced Member
It gets painfull after about 600 miles?

How often are you driving over 600 miles in one sitting??!

Charlie1

I wouldn't buy one that didn't have the original recaros and in good condition. Worn out seats or substitute seats is a sign that the car has gone thru a lot of driving or not very well cared for.

Martctr

Advanced Member
I hate Recaros!!

The civic seats from a facelift arent to bad looking and wear better, but keep the recaros in the loft for when it comes to selling.

Saying that would a buyer be put off if the car had say the buddyclubs in? I don't think I would tbh.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Charlie1 said:
I wouldn't buy one that didn't have the original recaros and in good condition. Worn out seats or substitute seats is a sign that the car has gone thru a lot of driving or not very well cared for.
Not in my case mate, just do a few more miles than the average joe and could not put my back through any more in terms of sitting in the OEM Recaro's that although had done 40K were in mint condition.

In went the Buddy Club Limited Edition P1 seats at the lowest setting on a slight angle, with regards to comfort, comfy is an under statment, they are superb for long trips and I will soon be able to rate them on the track too as I hit the Ring next month :D

I hate Recaros!!

The civic seats from a facelift arent to bad looking and wear better, but keep the recaros in the loft for when it comes to selling.

Saying that would a buyer be put off if the car had say the buddyclubs in? I don't think I would tbh.

I will give you a shout in years to come when mine is for sale then!

James

JT3173

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
Charlie1 said:
Not in my case mate, just do a few more miles than the average joe and could not put my back through any more in terms of sitting in the OEM Recaro's that although had done 40K were in mint condition.

In went the Buddy Club Limited Edition P1 seats at the lowest setting on a slight angle, with regards to comfort, comfy is an under statment, they are superb for long trips and I will soon be able to rate them on the track too as I hit the Ring next month :D

I hate Recaros!!

James
Just to gloat :wink:

My Buddy Club P1's.................

8)

spike

I think the recaros are one of the biggest selling points to be honest. If you are to change them I'd advise you to hang onto them somewhere. Don't capitalseating.co.uk sell all the bits to refurb them ?

Just to add, I've always found the recaros to be really comfy, but I suppose it differs person to person.

Martctr

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
JT3173 said:
Charlie1 said:

I hate Recaros!!

James
Just to gloat :wink:

My Buddy Club P1's.................

8)
I think the recaros are coming out and I'm getting me a set of them as the bit that's starting to wear is the part that sticks out near your hips and as far as I'm aware impossible to buy seperate. I just think they could have reinforced the areas that are prone to rubbing ie seatbelt, bolsters and so on.

g_mac

Recaros are defo a big selling point!
as for those bc seats, they look at to great an angle for me, nearly lying in the back seat lol!

JT3173

Advanced Member
g_mac said:
Recaros are defo a big selling point!
as for those bc seats, they look at to great an angle for me, nearly lying in the back seat lol!
I am 6'4" though :wink: