How much oil do you use?

linzi94

Advanced Member
mine uses hardly any and when i first got it everyone said it would use about 1ltr every 1000 miles.

ive had the car since june, done about 6k and the oil level has hardly budged.

this may be down to the way the car is driven tho ??

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I've read somewhere that 1ltr per 1000miles is normal but generally people get more.

Nothing for you to worry about :)

turbo5

Advanced Member
Never used any in 18 months of CTR ownership change the oil 3 times though. did 17K miles. haven't used any in the DC5 and I don't exactly nurse it. do check it weekly though.

Gary

Advanced Member
It's really weird tho innit cos nobody seems to know the reason for the vast differences in oil consumption whether or not it could be down to the way the engine was run in has been bandied about but I asked Tom if it could be either the compression or oil rings and he said that you could strip the engine down and rebuild it and it wouldn't make the slightest difference!!! :?

oilman

Authorised Advertiser
I think you'll find that most oem's specify 1L per 1000 miles as acceptable.

BMW specify up to a litre per 600 miles for some of their M series cars :shock:

Cheers
Simon

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
well i check my oil after 1000 miles and i thought like it needed 1 lt but i did add 3/4 of a liter and now is above max level, hope that wont be a problem

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
well i check my oil after 1000 miles and i thought like it needed 1 lt but i did add 3/4 of a liter and now is above max level, hope that wont be a problem

fenomeno26

Advanced Member

Dave SS

my DC2 gulped almost a litre in 150 mile on-track using Shell Helix ultra :shock:
Wirth semi synth Castrol it never budged in 4000 mile.

1000 mile seems fair if you're using the car as Honda intended :wink: