How much petrol when on red?

DC5RS

DC5
yosin said:
Any ideas as to how much petrol is remaining when it hits the red light?
want to know as well, never tried driving on red, how many kilometers as left till empty?

Freya

Advanced Member
you should avoid running on red...it's bad for your car!! but...it should be about 30 miles. though that is off of vtec. I would personally just go straight to the petrol station lol

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
can get about 40 miles of conservative driving. As for being bad for the car....isn't that what the fuel filter is for :)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
There's no WAY I'd get 40 mines, £30 only gets me about 150 miles and the red light is like only 1 line from empty?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
LiamGTR said:
There's no WAY I'd get 40 mines, £30 only gets me about 150 miles and the red light is like only 1 line from empty?
£30 is 21 litres at £1.40 a litre

and if your getting 150 miles from that than your getting 32mpg

if the light on is 5 litres left then 32x1.11galon =35.5 miles (40 if you drive economically)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Well that's me told. Guess it's still not 40 but close enough not to argue. I wouldn't like to try it though.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
ahaha, Sometimes i have ran on the fuel light for 35 miles and there has still been 2 litres left in the tank, other times its been about 0.5 litres left.

Cam

Advanced Member
Ran mine on red for what I thought was more than long enough to force me to go for a walk... yet I still managed to fit 46 litres of V-Power in there? :-k

Erm

Advanced Member
I've only dared risk 20 miles once when the light came on and I wasn't by a petrol station. I always try and fill up once I hit 3/4 of a tank cause the petrol gauge isn't completely trust worthy how it stays full for ages then drops lol

Riz

Advanced Member
What could be floating on top of the fuel to cause damage?

Not that I've run the teg dry, but I've ran out of fuel in nearly everything else I've owned without problems. (Don't ask why)

CJN

Advanced Member
I done 20 miles, lol. started to worry, as i only fill up at Shell or Tesco.

yosin

Advanced Member
I only asked just incase it's different. Normally I hear that there is 5litres left on most cars once it hits the red but just needed confirmation.

Well 30miles seems about that on eco driving.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I've done 32 miles on the red.... but to be honest i just think the red light came on because of the unreliable gauge.

Riz

Advanced Member
I'm confused. The fuel light is yellow isn't it? Or does it change colour or something.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Cam said:
Ran mine on red for what I thought was more than long enough to force me to go for a walk... yet I still managed to fit 46 litres of V-Power in there? :-k
So you still had 4 litres of fuel left then as it a 50 litre tank :xgrin:

Cam

Advanced Member
Riz said:
I'm confused. The fuel light is yellow isn't it? Or does it change colour or something.
Yep yellow/orange, there's a red bar above the E though. :)

Gordyitrdc5 said:
So you still had 4 litres of fuel left then as it a 50 litre tank :xgrin:
Precisely... I was surprised. :)