how much would a typical DC5 service cost???

Taj Khan

Hi all, Im new to this and have introduced my self to the DC5 newbie section.

Im trying to gather as much information as I possibly can upon purchasing my DC5 and you lot have been of great help to me, so I thank you for that.

I would also Like to know as how much would a typical service for a DC5 cost? and is it worth taking it direct to a honda dealership for the service? or is there a better establishment recognised for their exceptional servicing on DC5's in the the Birmingham area of the West Midlands?

I would appriciate all the help I can get and thank you for your time in giving me your help.

linzi94

Advanced Member
from a honda dealer it will vary a wee bit for each set service. they go up in 12.5k, 25k, 37.5k and so on

many miles has it done? or are you just getting the oil changed? it depends wht level of service you require.

JCW

Advanced Member
Get a service book fom steels honda so you can get this stamped up.
took mine to my local honda garage, first service cost me £105 and i supplied oil and filter.

Basher

Cost of service

I normally pay about £120 - £130 for mine. They clean the car too - which is nice.

Sometimes its a tad more if it needs a new filter but not much.

Brake disks are about £100 each and a set of pads about £50-60

Sparkies are at 75k and will cost about £100 extra

Hope this helps

Dave

Basher

PS.

they can never agree on service intervals

Originally it was 9k but then they changed this to 12.5k for all cars except the s2000. Apparently there was no change to the cars or the oil specs it was just the pressure from fleet management companies.

I do mine every 10k and specify the good oil.

Car seems fine after 63k

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Re: Cost of service

Basher said:
Brake disks are about £100 each and a set of pads about £50-60
you'll find the discs are more than £100 each :wink:

linzi94

Advanced Member
front pads are £38.30 + vat from Honda

front discs are £147 + vat each from Honda