HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR A KPRO REMAP???

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
sydney said:
booked in with tdi north on the 21st for a kpro remap now...
No resession there! :xlol:

But let us all know the results and post graphs.. you should be able to get a print out from A.I, im sure they have it saved somewhere..

sydney

Advanced Member
lol il be skint after this, never mind getting my woman something for xmas lol

il give them try, not going to say much about it but it caused a bit of a stink on the ctr forum lol a.i want me back up to dyno the car with tdi's remap against the mugen ecu and will do it for free as they reckon nothin more can be got out of the car with the hondata even tho the mugen is identical. should be interesting as tdi say they can get gains and the hondata wins everytime with back to back tests against the mugen.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I will be eagerly watching this post then to see the difference between the Mugen and K-Pro, and TDI's map... xthumbup

raz786

Advanced Member
Glad to see your getting it done mate 8)

This has been long overdue, the mugen / KPRO debate, and the TDI North legendary mapping :)

sydney said:
lol il be skint after this, never mind getting my woman something for xmas lol

il give them try, not going to say much about it but it caused a bit of a stink on the ctr forum lol a.i want me back up to dyno the car with tdi's remap against the mugen ecu and will do it for free as they reckon nothin more can be got out of the car with the hondata even tho the mugen is identical. should be interesting as tdi say they can get gains and the hondata wins everytime with back to back tests against the mugen.
Dont forget to do a power run at TDi Before they start fiddling, different DYNOs have different calibrations.
So unless you do this you wont know if you have an improvement of not ???
:)

Air/Fuel ratio changes may be the only improvement at full power, but try asking for improvements at midrange and Vtec crossover, as this is where you will be for most of your hard driving life.

:-k

sydney

Advanced Member
thanks paul, useful info \:D/

yip they guys on the ctr forum are very interested in this aswell! im going to drive it over with the mugen ecu in so im sure they will dyno with it 1st then plug the kpro in and dyno then tamper lol

Didnt think would of been so interesting to people lol but cant fault the mugen , good bit of gear

raz786

Advanced Member
Ask them to do a run with the AI mapped KPRO as well, that way you'll see if there's any difference with the map before and after mate xthumbup

jay82

Advanced Member
i'm interested in the results aswell cause i've a kpro ecu under my bed could save me a fortune \:D/

vtecboy

Advanced Member
Fair play to you for seeing it to through to the n'th degree .... but personally I think you're nuts! Traveling all the way over to TDI and splashing out on another remap, for what another 10 hp maybe!?

Unless there's something really dysfunctional about the AI kpro map spend the money on brake or suspension upgrades ... you may just come out of this more frustrated and throwing a load of cash down the drain!

sydney

Advanced Member
vtecboy said:
Fair play to you for seeing it to through to the n'th degree .... but personally I think you're nuts! Traveling all the way over to TDI and splashing out on another remap, for what another 10 hp maybe!?

Unless there's something really dysfunctional about the AI kpro map spend the money on brake or suspension upgrades ... you may just come out of this more frustrated and throwing a load of cash down the drain!

i totally understand where your coming from, dont worry ive already thought about that so many times! #-o well the mugen ecu is my boat and remap money+ done alot of overtime lately so when i have the money there to do it il do it+ its a weekend away with the missus 8) lol Yes its alot of money for something i mightened get alot out of but itl be peice of mind its running its full potential with its current mods with the air/fuel ratios correct.Might also invest in a charger next year so kpro is needed and just to clear it up this is nothing personal against a.i....

sydney

Advanced Member
i dont want the overnight boat to liverpool, so would what is my best option, stranraer and travel to warrington or holyhead and travel to warrington? Belfast is closer to me than dublin but belfast only goes to stranraer, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

firthy22

Advanced Member
I bought my car from Northern Ireland and had to get it back ti the Isle of Man and I went the Belfast-Stranraer, Heysham-Douglas routes. It is a good 3.5 hour drive fron Stranraer to Heysham but the roads are nice and M6 easy to find. I'm guessing Warrington would be another hour, tops so if you don't mind a 4.5 hour drive then Stranraer would be good.

And don't look at the trip over as just extra money. Look at it from the point of view as a few days break with an upgrade for your car and some nice driving in between. The English aren't used to ferries because they can drive most places, when you live on an island, a ferry trip just becomes part of the journey.

I used to take my Prelude to track days but the Wings West front bumper was too low for the ramps on the boat so I used to jack it up and wedge blocks of wood in the suspension just to get it on and off the boat, I thought it was all part of the fun, rather than a nuisance or necessary evil.

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
sydney said:
i dont want the overnight boat to liverpool, so would what is my best option, stranraer and travel to warrington or holyhead and travel to warrington? Belfast is closer to me than dublin but belfast only goes to stranraer, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

Your looking at a 2 hour drive Holyhead to Warrington - A55, M56 then M6.

I carn't wait for you to get this done mate, i really want to see the Mugen vs Kpro (mapped by TDI). I'm tempted to meet you down there to see the results, what time are you booked in for?

sydney

Advanced Member
car is booked in at 11am on the 21st. Whats them roads like Gaz? Bendy etc? Yip nice wee trip, mate is coming too so he can drive some of the way aswell so i can snooze lol Surely gaz if your about il get talking to you, always good to put a face to the name even if you are on a different island lol Might even get a price for a charger when im over there lol If anyone see's a c/w dc5 with vlz on the reg thats me, give me a flash :lol:

Zen1

Advanced Member
Just had my car K'pro remapped @ TDI North.
Took them 4 1/2 hours and I counted 12 runs.
Cost me £195 as they charged me the retune fee rather than the full tune even though it took longer....Think this is really good.

TDI North = No.1 =D>

sydney

Advanced Member
what did you think dude, good job? what was your before/after results? hope its worth it for the journey .

Zen1

Advanced Member
I went a couple of months back and got peak figures of 241bhp with oem manifold.

This time, they fit my Piper 4-2-1 Sports cat manifold and put in a lot of time and effort to get the best map for my car
with it's current mods. I drove away with a nice round 250bhp and a car that I feel will be ultra reliable

I think with TDI North you're car is in the safest hands and they will exploit its full potential. =D>

sydney

Advanced Member
my mods are gruppe m, rbc, dc mani, j's 60 rs and mugen ecu also kpro both ecu's produce 243hp so im hoping tdi north can push the kpro more!

Zen1

Advanced Member
Can't speak for the Mugen ecu as it's a preset map I understand (although good for what it is). ;)

With Kpro you have almost identical mods to me except possibly a more free flowing manifold than my sports cat piper 4-2-1

Theoretically you should acheive figures like myself or more unless I just have a particularly strong engine ? :lol:

Best of luck, interested in you're results.