How stupid to trade-in (pre face)dc5 for brand new dc5?

tokgeen

Hi all,

first question, anyone knows when is the last day of production of dc5 in Japan?

Apparently, i just saw (in person) a brand new black dc5 type r. They claim it to be 2007 production but i thought production ended in 06 sometime?

second question: if i am able to get the VIN code, will i be able to find out when exactly the production is?

third: how dumb would it be to trade in my current (pre facelift) dc5 (2002) for a brandnew facelifted? The reason behind is that i really like dc5 and think that its a car to keep. However i envy the facelifted version's suspension set up... Before i couldnt afford a brand new, therefore my dc5 is second hand. Now I am more capable of getting a brand new and therefore is seeking your views? All my friends dont understand why i would get "another" dc5 and not change cars... what u think?

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
In the Japanese website, they still have the DC5 as one of the Honda models still offer for sale in 2007. I did not see anywhere something that states they stopped production.

Suped

Advanced Member
I think you should stop envying the facelift suspension setup and buy some decent coilovers and fastroad setup!!!

AndyGreen

Andy@200bhp cars recently had a problem importing a new, last of the line Integra.

200BHPCARS said:
Not good news,

In a nut shell - we cant register this car in the UK legally. :evil: :evil:

We are going to have to bite the bullet and put this car back through the auctions in Japan till it sells.

IT WILL NOT BE COMING TO THE UK!!

As soon as we have sold this Car in Japan we will purchase another (SUITABLE and REGISTERABLE) NEW DC5 in the same condition.

Basically it is not possible to ESVA and register a Japanese car MANUFACTURED after the 31/12/2005.

This car although 1st registered in DEC 2006 was actually made July 2006.

We need to find a car Manufactured before 31/12/2005 but not registered till recently.

In this case, we can even register the car as a 2007 Model in the UK on 07 plates.

Sorry for the confusion guys, we will be trying to sort out this in the next 10days so please keep checking for new stock at www.200bhpcars.com or here on the forum

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
This is True - As an update - we just sold this car at auction again for a small loss (in Japan) rather thann bring it to the UK.

Its not possible for anyone to Import a post 31/12/2005 manufactured DC5 to the UK and use the current model report to ESVA and register it.

The only way someone will have a 2007 car registered in the UK is if they registered it as a new car once here in the UK.

They can do this with a Pre 31/12/2005 car if it has almost delivery miles (say less than 2500 miles) and they take the car to the DVLA claiming new car status. This is allowed, apparantly.

Check the Chasis number on this 2007 Teg -

As a guide the 2006 car we had was actually manufactured June 2006.

The Chassis number was - DC5 - 2306200.

If his is anything from 6100 then its post 31/12/2005 (as a guestimate)

if its anything above 6200 then i have got no idea how its registered unless it went for its very own One off Emmisions test for ESVA which can cost £1800 even if it passes fine.... (which it quite poss wouldnt!)

Hope this helps.. :wink:

LeeH

Advanced Member
200BHPCARS said:
Its not possible for anyone to Import a post 31/12/2005 manufactured DC5 to the UK and use the current model report to ESVA and register it.
Why?? Whats the point :?

dan the man

Advanced Member
you envy the facelifts suspension setup?

What u envy the springs are now not symetrical and some other small diferences. If u can tell that by driving each car then go work for F1 :!:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
type-r-dunk said:
I am in the process of obtaining a euro4 model report to test 2006/7 DC5's.
Cheers Dunx
I would rent it off you mate :D

Good luck with it :wink:

No 2007 Dc5's though to my knowledge -i think the last ones manufactured were around sept 2006.

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Cheers for the vote of confidence 200bhp. I have everything crossed at the moment. The guys at Millbrook are confident it will pass as it only has 9km on the clock.
Cheers Dunx

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
type-r-dunk said:
Cheers for the vote of confidence 200bhp. I have everything crossed at the moment. The guys at Millbrook are confident it will pass as it only has 9km on the clock.
Cheers Dunx
Good to hear it duncs,

As i said on the other thread in the trader section - you should find there are 1 or 2 guys forthcoming with orders for this car as we have had a few enquiries.. :wink:

Andy