How to determine genuine mugen products!?

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Hi guys I know most products have a mugen stamp but I know that there are a few that don't (I had genuine mugen skirts and spoiler for my del sol they didn't) however, how can you tell if a dc5 mugen bonnet/hood is genuine. The bumper has a stamp but anyone know about the skirts, bonnet and spoiler!?

James*1829

I have a mugen Carbon bonnet on mine that has a mugen stamp with a number on it. It's in the middle on the underside between the vents. I was told it was genuine by the previous owner so assume it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
That's cool..I found one for sale came off a whole mugen'd car in Japan but there's no stamp (seller can't find one)

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I have sold on here the Mugen Skirts that came with my 5 when it was imported from Japan, they had a stamp "MUGEN" with a number inside the fiber glass.

Also i have sold the Mugen Spoiler which had nothing on it to prove it was genuine..(it was imported from Japan with it..it had genuine side skirts..so i thought why not a spoiler also.. but anyway i gave it for cheap since i couldn't prove it.)

Ikaros

miki1212

Advanced Member
hondazzz said:
I have sold on here the Mugen Skirts that came with my 5 when it was imported from Japan, they had a stamp "MUGEN" with a number inside the fiber glass.

Also i have sold the Mugen Spoiler which had nothing on it to prove it was genuine..(it was imported from Japan with it..it had genuine side skirts..so i thought why not a spoiler also.. but anyway i gave it for cheap since i couldn't prove it.)

Ikaros
mugen side skirts are ABS plastic, and light gray in colour (i doubt the rear would have been painted), not fibre glass

hondazzz

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
mugen side skirts are ABS plastic, and light gray in colour (i doubt the rear would have been painted), not fibre glass
oh wait a minute.. googling it now..it seems you are right ..:/ not sure if there are different versions or not though, i remember googling it back in the day and found other skirts with the same sticker inside stating that were legit..

mugen website says is abs,nengun too... but those are facelift ones ..maybe they changed the production..

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Was told mugen carbon bonnets are all painted
Never seen an unpainted Mugen bonnet. My Mugen carbon bonnet has a label on the inside stuck in the gel coat (or something like that).

For the Mugen front bumper, there is a label inside stuck in the fibreglass. Haven't found a mark on the Mugen rear wing yet, but soon it is coming of the car to get a fresh coat of paint. I will look for the label when it's of the car. But I guess it is hidden somewhere.