How to - Fit Energy Suspension Engine Mount inserts

Yauie

Thanks for this write up.

I've done the transmission and front so far.
  • The front mount - the clip holding the cable opposite the fan needs to be undone and metal clip bent upwards as said and some wriggling (little swearing also involved) on the removal and install it little more difficult to get back in but it will.
  • Just to note - after doing the transmission and front mount there is more cabin noise and vibration at lower speeds >15mph but engine hop removed so for me worth it.
Thanks
Alex

Update

Done the rear mount this was the most difficult of the 3 to do the insert is not a nice a fit as the transmission or the front mount.

I recommend using a little washing up liquid to get the mount with the insert back into the metal frame that attaches to the mount and engine.

Thanks again
Alex

Dc5888

Done this today, and what a pain, got it done in the end, done the gearbox and rear one as mention in previous page, but with the front mount I managed to get it off but not joy in sliding it out, so what I did was undone all bolts and get it free and install the inserts in that little space that there was and reinstalled.

Car feels amazing, defo a must do.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
Dc5888 said:
Done this today, and what a pain, got it done in the end, done the gearbox and rear one as mention in previous page, but with the front mount I managed to get it off but not joy in sliding it out, so what I did was undone all bolts and get it free and install the inserts in that little space that there was and reinstalled.

Car feels amazing, defo a must do.
I did this also - no amount of shouting or swearing gave me enough room to get it out so just fitted the inserts in situ.

Kev.W

Advanced Member
I've just fitting the inserts in the rear mount today...

Word of advise for anyone thinking of doing this with a standard manifold and CAT, don't!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Morning all I have a set of these sitting in the shed and was wondering if you'd recommend them or not, just before buying my car two of the mounts were on their last legs and the owners at the time who worked for Honda replaced them with brand OEM Honda ones, is it worth me adding these or not as I have heard they are good but cause cabin vibration which I was trying to steer clear from, so these have any adverse effects upon fitting or not ?

Thanks

PS If these are worth having I will get TGM to do them whilst the cars with them in May.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
They didn't introduce much actual vibration for me but theyre definitely louder, especially around 3500-4500 mark. Just seems to be a bit more resonance. A small price to pay for the solid feeling they give.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
They didn't introduce much actual vibration for me but theyre definitely louder, especially around 3500-4500 mark. Just seems to be a bit more resonance. A small price to pay for the solid feeling they give.
Really ? So a worthwhile add-on / upgrade, I have them you see just never gotten round to or wanted to fit them due to fears of cabin vibration etc

Bewesy

Advanced Member
I think it is. Others may not. I think it makes it feel like it should do.

If you're local (North Yorkshire) you're more than welcome to see what mine is like.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I think it is. Others may not. I think it makes it feel like it should do.

If you're local (North Yorkshire) you're more than welcome to see what mine is like.
Wish I was mate, I am near Maidstone in Kent, although potentially that way soon visiting my best mate so may have to come say hi if I have not found one local with them in the meantime

Thanks

Carl