How to identify a Dc5 LSD Box

aroon

Hello Guys

Im new to the k series and am currently in the process of doing a k20a2 swap in a eg civic.

I have come across a dc5 lsd gearbox which i am quite interested in purchasing however want to make sure it is an lsd box and it is the dc5 box and not a stock ep3 box.

Could someone tell me how I could identify this please.

I know on the b series you have different gearbox codes ie s9b, s80,s4c but what are the gearbox codes for the ep3 box and dc5 box.

Is it the same as the old b series box the non lsd ep3 box will have a eg a kind of shaft going through the middle of the diff when you look at it and with the lsd box you will be able to see straight through with no restrictions like the bseries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks I advance..

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Aroon,
It is pretty difficult to tell,
afaik, there is no special code, and as the diff is torque sensing you cant turn the shafts to see either.

SCREECH

actually you can, on the front of the transmission there is a little sticker with a code on it. codes below will let you know which one you have.
also ep3 trans are 5 speed, you can click the transmission through 6 gears vs only being able to go through 5.
If needed I can post a pic of my dc5-r trans sticker.

edit- yes same shaft in the differential like the b series means no lsd, no shaft means lsd.

PUREJDM

Surly it would be like the b series box with LSD and a code stamped on the box I'll check mine and let you know.

Paz

Advanced Member
can you put a 6 spped box on a k20a3? what would you need to change or would it be a bolt on mod ?

Paz

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep should go straight on to the engine as all k series share the same gearbox casting, you might need a 6sp shifter thoas the 5sp may have a mechanical stop to prevent 6th gear being engaged.