How to improve car radio reception strength?

p1tse

Advanced Member
I tend to usually have the radio on more so and find that reception cuts in and out on a number of radio FM radio stations.

Is there a way to increase the radio reception strength?

RobS

Advanced Member
Glad you have posted this was meaning to ask the same question. I find the standard reception pretty rubbish, but then thats due to the antenna being in the rear glass and not your usual stick up one. One option would be to fit a 3rd party shark fin 1 ala bmw's but would spoil the looks imo.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I tend to usually have the radio on more so and find that reception cuts in and out on a number of radio FM radio stations.

Is there a way to increase the radio reception strength?
RobS said:
Glad you have posted this was meaning to ask the same question. I find the standard reception pretty rubbish, but then thats due to the antenna being in the rear glass and not your usual stick up one. One option would be to fit a 3rd party shark fin 1 ala bmw's but would spoil the looks imo.
Same as guy's, the reception is lousy :(

I have a Blackvue rear view cam in mine and it destroys the already bad reception.

T.G.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
You can use an external aerial, plug it into the back of the head unit and mount it behind the rear view mirror. Should do the trick ;)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Well i've just ordered one of those boosters i linked to earlier......only £2.88 we'll see later ;)

T.G.

RobS

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Well i've just ordered one of those boosters i linked to earlier......only £2.88 we'll see later ;)

T.G.
Let us know how you get on, be interested in the outcome, cheers :)

ozzy147

Advanced Member
Really interested in the outcome of this! Let us know ;-) looks fairly simple to fit also. What colour is the cable for the 12v feed on our looms to tap the amplifier into?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
mmm I`ve had no problem with radio reception in the Teg except with the original Jap headunit...as soon as I put a UK specced Pioneer double din in it was absolutely fine

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
The reception in mine is also rubbish. It wasn't bad before with the JDM stereo except the limited bandwidth. No I have a pioneer and correct bandwidth its rubbish. Checked the aerial and it seems to be plugged in OK. Would also like to know if the booster helps although not holding my breath.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
The reception in mine is also rubbish. It wasn't bad before with the JDM stereo except the limited bandwidth. No I have a pioneer and correct bandwidth its rubbish. Checked the aerial and it seems to be plugged in OK. Would also like to know if the booster helps although not holding my breath.
Tried the booster and nah no good.

Stuarty said:
You can use an external aerial, plug it into the back of the head unit and mount it behind the rear view mirror. Should do the trick ;)
Giving one of these a go next CLICKY

Watch this space LOL.

T.G.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
I'm sure iv'e heard/read somewhere that the DC5 has an OEM amplified aerial in the car somewhere! can anyone confirm or deny this?

T.G.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Tried the booster and nah no good.

Giving one of these a go next CLICKY

Watch this space LOL.

T.G.
ozzy147 said:
Any joy with this mate?
I did get one of the above but still not fitted yet, will update as and when i get round to it ;)
Just got the car out from winter storage and enjoying the emergence LOL

T.G.