How to make an OCD DC5 owner squirm

coconat

Advanced Member
I'm sorry to my fellow OCD Teg owners :( I noticed this the other day and it makes me well up every time. I don't even know how i've managed this as i've never dropped anything on or near this. Even if I can correct it i'll know it's there..some sympathy please? ;____________;

scottr89

Advanced Member
I know how you feel man, cam out this morning and noticed some paint missing off the front of my splitte, must of rubbed to off something! This OCD is tough going :xaiweb5:

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Sorry to see that, as above, I also just noticed I ding in my roof the other day, had a heart attack, how, when, whyyyyy :(,

Can this be removed by removing the surround and unclipping it from underneath or is it glued in? Some one must know :).

coconat

Advanced Member
I always thought these little badges were stuck solid so if anyone does know if they can be removed safely I can always find a nice shiny one from a breaker

dave7368

Advanced Member
change the centre console, a breaker won't take the badge off and sell it separately anyway...
or then they will have a centre console with no badge that they won't be able to sell...

Andy at integrastella is the chap you need to speak to... :xhappy:

coconat

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
change the centre console, a breaker won't take the badge off and sell it separately anyway...
or then they will have a centre console with no badge that they won't be able to sell...

Andy at integrastella is the chap you need to speak to... :xhappy:
That's what I meant..I was just too lazy to put it in as many words..but you have so it's all good now :xcheers:

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
This is OCD at its finest, can't replace the badge, whole centre console has to be swapped. Lol. Fair play I bet there's a few owners that would do the same if this was the case, myself included.

coconat

Advanced Member
It's pathetic I know..but it's the R...what good is a Type R if it's R is not Red...R for Red!..Rrrrrrrrr

integraleo

Advanced Member
The only sensible solution is to sell the car and buy another one. We will all know if you paint it it won't be original and if you buy new part it won't be original to your car. Only option is new car I'm afraid

coconat

Advanced Member
I think you're right :( at least it will also solve my crisis with the stonechip on the bonnet that noone can see BUT I KNOW IT'S THERE HIDING, MOCKING ME EVERY SINGLE DAY

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Here's a thought for you,

For an easy fix, just get a small modelling paint brush, some red enamel paint and some white spirit (for if you make a mistake) and should fix up easy.

But if it can't be removed easily, and your going down the brand new second hand centre console route, then if it's your thing, think about trying to remove the plaque (use a small screw driver and try and prise it) and replace it with another plaque, same size but maybe something abit more personal.

I know sometimes this can be tacky and might not even work, but because it's small and out the way, people probably won't even notice, and it's not like it has a limited edition number like some cars do, it's just another Type r lettering. Just be like adding you own little touch to your own Integra.

Not everybody's cup of tea, but an idea :)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Mine is exactly the same Nat. Does my head in!!! But I don't think we can get new badges for it. Shame.