How to make it go faster

jamiedc5

Hi im looking at buying a dc5 from torque imports,i ve never had a jap car and have no ideawere to look to find someone who could tune it, does anyone know roughly howmuch it'd cost to get 300bhpout ofit??

thanks

Project

Advanced Member
have you driven a teg yet? im sure you wouldnt want to put 300 horses on it if you have, it has enough standard to easily satisfy, i think 300 would be silly especially on a fwd

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Personally i would be afraid to drive it with that much power. But if you really need first need to upgrade, brakes , Limited slip, and maybe tranny. then add the horsepower mods.

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
I would drive one or at least a year first before modding it - there is no way on earth you would want to put 300bhp through the front wheels on a teg because it would struggle to put all that power down IMHO.

Why 300? 220PS in a car that weighs so little is about the same power to weight as an E46 M3.

mikegsi

Staff member
250-260 (fly) is easily achievable with the right mods, get the car and enjoy it for a bit first, then think about your mods mate, theres plenty of us on here who have all done similar mods so we can answer most of your questions about it!

ally_mac

Advanced Member
as already said, that would b 2much of a handful mate and do you realise how much it would cost to get 300bhp out of the engine safely

if u put a gruppe m on, toda header, toda exh and a kpro, i say, you would b more than happy with the car

jamiedc5

ok thanks alot guys, yeah ive driven one but not properly as i dont think the guy at the garage would appreciate it.
cheers

Tarmac

Advanced Member
SJ_Skyline said:
...Why 300? 220PS in a car that weighs so little is about the same power to weight as an E46 M3.
yeah but an stock E46 M3 chews up a stock DC5 and spits it out - regardless of power to weight :lol:

get a stock DC5 first. then get used to it (it really is a quick beastie as stock even). then look into upgrade options - either the NA or FI routes are available for it.

andyd

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
SJ_Skyline said:
...Why 300? 220PS in a car that weighs so little is about the same power to weight as an E46 M3.
yeah but an stock E46 M3 chews up a stock DC5 and spits it out - regardless of power to weight :lol:

get a stock DC5 first. then get used to it (it really is a quick beastie as stock even). then look into upgrade options - either the NA or FI routes are available for it.
i wouldn't say spilts it out bud :wink:

more like crawels away ....... :wink:

Andy

Tarmac

Advanced Member
...that's not my experience of one andy! i was at a trackday and i was giving it absolute socks around the track. i was doing very well but this black e46 m3 was on my bumper the whole time. he eventually got by me and i just couldn't stay with him. serious motor. as ali g sez "reseptaaaa!" :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
or prehaps he was talking shite as nothing has been heard from him since hes meant to have picked up his 'Teg.

As for racing those you mention, the FTO wouldnt stand a chance unless modified (i imagine as i dont know anything about FTO's), whilst the other two are running 4wd systems (unless its a GTS Skyline) and once getting off the line, would destroy a 300bhp teg as that too would be having trouble putting the power down

Tarmac

Advanced Member
kingston said:
...As for racing those you mention, the FTO wouldnt stand a chance unless modified...
a stock DC5 would annihalate a stock FTO - not even close. a stock DC5 vs an FTO with various mods might be alot closer, but I'd still put money on the teg. :wink:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Had an FTO before the Teg....

All i can say is that the teg makes the FTO seem like a ....

SLOW SHOPPING TROLLEY

Crisis

Advanced Member
FTO is slower than the Celica 190 isn't it? Also I find the FTOs fairly common to everyone.

If your going to do it, its got to be a GTO of course.

The way I see it the DC5 'beats' Evos and the like in my mind, as they are rare, hardly seen at shows and when they are their who gets all the attension? O yeah...

Thats the way I see it anyhow.