How to protect the dc5 from thieves?

Greensprout

Advanced Member
timp said:
C&S Evo7 said:
your car should have a cat 1 alarm immob fitted as std to comply with sva.
a disklock is an excellent deterent and very very difficult to remove, even in a workshop full of power tools, they always come out top in the tests
biggest pain is they are large to store, its well worth the greif tho.
is that not a cat 2 for the sva mate?? mine defo only had a cat two! did the law change??
I thought it was cat2, no need for an alarm just an immobiliser for it to pass SVA..

celox performance

Advanced Member
dotty said:
celox - Your location says it all. You have balls of steel owning a nice motor and living there :lol:
Well you could say that i've been unlucky with my cars over the years, living on the Wirral. The majority of the cars i've owned have either had thefts from my car, attempted thefts or vandalism. :evil: . A few years ago the insurance companies changed their postcode categories so the Wirral is now in the same insurance category as Liverpool which makes the insurance premium more expensive.

Greensprout - no removing the door pins wouldn't help.

peterb

i just have the immobiliser that came with the car and got a disklock from the local police at a bargain price after it was mentioned on here, and the keys are tucked away both are kept apart aswell so the car key never meets the disk lock key unless im there.

peterb

i just have the immobiliser that came with the car and got a disklock from the local police at a bargain price after it was mentioned on here, and the keys are tucked away both are kept apart aswell so the car key never meets the disk lock key unless im there.

celox performance

Advanced Member
peterb said:
Yes that's a good idea.

I always keep a false set of keys downstairs just incase someone decides to invite themselves in the house. By the time they get outside to try and take the car i'd hopefully hear them and would be able to do something about it.

mardon

Wow didn't know the wirral was bad for car crime. Always wondered why mar car insurance renewals were rubbish.

I've never had a problem, left my car overnight in Manchester.. Window smashed, lock damaged :(

celox performance

Advanced Member
mardon said:
Wow didn't know the wirral was bad for car crime. Always wondered why mar car insurance renewals were rubbish.

I've never had a problem, left my car overnight in Manchester.. Window smashed, lock damaged :(
When I had my 200sx a few years ago I had a lock picked out in Fallowfield, Manchester :(

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
An idea I have involves breaking into the ignition coil cable and fitting an inline switch. This can then be placed somewhere inconspicuous inside the car.

Even if they manage to steal your keys, without knowing where the MICRO switch is located, they'll never be able to start the car?
Would this be feasible?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've got my window wipers wired to the alarm and fuel pump in a different way so that if I leave the wipers switched in the on position overnight, there is no way to start the car even with the keys unless you knew to switch them off before starting the car :lol:

The only downside is that sometimes I leave them switched on by mistake when I take my car in to have work carried out and I usually get a phone call from the garage to say they can't start the car.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Reading this thread I thought I'd better invest in a little extra security/deterent for when I get the DC5 and have just landed a Disklok on Fleabay for £34, looks brand new too :D

jams

it took me atleased 5 mins to work out i had to press the cluch to start my car :lol: and i work with cars day in day out for over 10 years now :lol:

so i doubt some bag head car thief is gona work it out to quick :wink:

also because there arnt that many dc5s about i dont think they would get stolen that often... i hope :lol:

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
If someone wanted to steal a car like the DC5, i'm sure they would be likely to check out a forum just incase there's anything they need to know though.
I'm talking about the more "professional" type

mark type r

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
If someone wanted to steal a car like the DC5, i'm sure they would be likely to check out a forum just incase there's anything they need to know though.
Is that coming from experience :lol: :lol: :lol:

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
markGTi said:
tricker_luke said:
Is that coming from experience :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha no!!

jams

yes thats true if they were being stolen to order then im sure the thief would be clued up :eek:

buggers :x ahh its still bloked in on my drive good look to anyone to trys to get my van into reverse when its cold as i cant :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
a clifford with blackjax is a good investment ,with most trackers by the time you wake in the morning and report the vehicle stolen the tracker has often been found and removed.

with blackjax, even if they have the keys, the car is at the end of the road just where it cut out with the alarm blaring they can only go a few hundred yards

benny

Advanced Member
always turn your wheels into the curb, because they will brake in and roll your car away then do all the smashing, get a big thick chain and wrap it round the bottom of the seat and padlock it, then to secure the car fasten it round the wheel with a second padlock, the only way to remove it is to cut the wheel or remove the seat!! and if you disklock it too, makes it pretty hard to cut the wheel!!!!! also put a kill switch somewhere hidding via the fuel pump!!!