how to spend £2k ish upgrading my DC5's GO??

REV-IT

Hi Guys & galls,

I've got about £2k, maybe a little more to spend on my DC5. I'm happy with the way she handles and stops but want a bit more go!! (don't we all) It would appear that a 2nd hand JRSC would be ideal but I guess finding one will be impossible...

What kind of power increase could I reasonably expect with the Hondata pro ecu, cat back exhaust system & headers ?? and any recommendations on what way to go ?

I don't want a 'deafening' max power exhaust note though!

Thanks all.

Trung

Advanced Member
Doubt you'll be able to pick up a 2nd hand JRSC kit for £2k, maybe from the US but add shipping cost and K-pro will bring it at least £3k.

£2k will get you K-pro, cheapy CAI, cheapy race header and cheapy cat back.

REV-IT

by cheapy, do you mean not worthwhile ?

What would the cost of 'reasonable' parts be and would I get a worthwhile power & torque increase? I don't want to spend money for the sake of it as the car's not slow as it is.

Would I be likely to feel the benefit of the k-pro on an otherwise standard engine if set up properly on a rolling road ?

Trung

Advanced Member
No, I dont mean its not worthwhile.
You can get value for money parts like Injen/AEM CAI, DC Sports race header and custom cat back. All these parts along with K-Pro will provide good power and torque increase even on a stock engine.
You can download custom maps from other users and modify it yourself or pay extra for dyno tune.

Gary

Advanced Member
If you're lookin for VFM then you could do a lot worse than contacting Newera Imports who have set up a new line sourcing new and quality used parts directly from Japan and their prices are unbelievable, eg. I recently ordered a GruppeM airbox from them which normally retails in the UK at around £550 excl. delivery and they were able to deliver it to my door (N. Ireland) for £420 and it's brand new in the box so the low milage used parts should even cheaper! I have known about Newera for a long time thru JPM which I've suscribed to since issue one so when I decided to import a DC5 I contacted them and discovered that they also source cars for at least one of the traders who are mentioned regularly on this site because they have resident buyers in Japan so by going directly to them I reckon I saved myself a grand on my motor, give or take, so if you're interested PM me and I'll put you in touch with the relevant people! :eek:

TYPER

Toda power

How about the toda engine kit? Supposed to gain almost 60 Hp at the wheels plus keep your car N/A with all the reliability and instant power that you have now. Pricey at $2350 US but with the exchange rate at what it is probably the best time to buy from the US or source straight from Japan.
www.todaracing.com

Splink

Advanced Member
I think the engine kit just comes with the camshaft and springs + ecu mod.. it does not include a header, exhaust system or a air intake of any kind.

correct me if i am wrong.

Trung

Advanced Member
Yes the engine kit consist of N2 cams, valve springs and you OEM ECU flashed with N2 map. Its more sensible to have your ECU converted to K-Pro rather than sending it off to US for the conversion.
Importing the Toda kit will be quite expensive as you have to add shipping and import duty cost.