How to tell if its real mugen

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
So when i got my car the previous owner told me it came with real mugen bumpers bonnet skirts etc.
Other then the mugen logo held on to the front bumper there are no other indicators i can see to eatabliah if the parts are real or not. Does anyone know how to tell??

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
So when i got my car the previous owner told me it came with real mugen bumpers bonnet skirts etc.
Other then the mugen logo held on to the front bumper there are no other indicators i can see to eatabliah if the parts are real or not. Does anyone know how to tell??
Behind the front bumper there should be a Mugen stamp which is covered in clear coat so can‘t come off,

Same on the bonnet, another way of telling is that it‘s dry carbon underneath unless painted then these stamps would be covered.

Also material that bumper and side skirts is made of I believe FRP plastic is used by Mugen for these parts, however bumper may be fibre glass (can‘t rememeber)

With regards to skirts, fitment and fitting will give you the answer. Do they fit well? How are they attached?? Should be screwed front and back with rivers down the length holding the clips in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Also FITMENT is key shouldn‘t be any irregular panel gaps etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Dont think there are any stamps.. bumper and bonnet are frp i believe. Fitment is alright i guess wouldnt say anything overly out of place. The car has had a whole lot of money spent on it in the past so part of me feels they would have bought genuine but i just cant tell

jpstyper

Advanced Member
The mugen stamps will have the ligo and part number and are more like a piece of plastic placed in the frp on the front bumper it is on the inside behind the honda badge and the skirts if phase one are on the rear sections that come up onto the rear quarter panels

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Mugen bumper and bonnet have a stamp under the coat on the inside with the part number written.
The side skirts havent got a stamp on the inside (I couldn‘t find it on my new Mugen skirts).

As said, the fitment is spot on and there are no gaps when installed

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
My skirts are stamped. Phase 1 though.

Bumper will have metal plaque on outside and the sticker / stamp on inside.

Bonnet will have plaque too. Post up pics and I'll confirm :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
My skirts are stamped. Phase 1 though.

Bumper will have metal plaque on outside and the sticker / stamp on inside.

Bonnet will have plaque too. Post up pics and I'll confirm :)

I Have the phase 2 skirts, but didn't look that much in the skirts before sending it of to the paintshop :D.
All the needed parts for the install were included and it didn't need any prep work, that's Mugen. Other companies can learn from this quality...

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Yep. Basically that. As good fitting as OEM on genuine kit.

dave7368

Advanced Member
The recess can be filled and painted, I would say that's not genuine Mugen, just by the way it doesn't fit.