Howards Nissan Weston Super Mare

Wootty

Advanced Member
So having sold the red tegg to the lad from Norniron i bought the Nissan Navara (see Gallery). I bought it from Howards Nissan in Weston Super Mare. Sales rep was OK but I'd been walking round the place for 30 mins and had walked out and back in again before someone bothered to say can I help you.

Anyway. Found an 05 plate just been px'd in so had a look round and it was a bit tired but had all that I wanted. I agreed with the sales rep about getting some of the scratches sorted out and the fuel cap would not lock and some scuffs on the drivers sill. All minor stuff for a car that age but ot their price I wanted it right.

So i was there for 3 weeks while they sorted out a new reg number for it (as it was on a private plate previously). Then only when I went to inspect it on the first of the previosuly agreed collection dates did they do any work on it. Drivers sill had not been touched and fuel cap still didn't lock.

So a week later I collect it, in the evening, in the rain. Take it home and then staright off to a mountain biking trip to wales. On the way up my mate noticed a rather large stone chip in the windscreen that I hadn't noticed due to the rain. Then the 4WD warning light came on after about an hour up the motorway. So a quick call into them the next day and they said bring it in next week and we'll look at the warning light. I didn't riase the issue of the stone chip because I knew it would be hard to prove it was there at the start.

The warning light was due to an oil leak in the transmission which was then dripping onto the transfere switches. So either they spotted this during the so called pre delivery service and ignored it or didn't service it at all and just reset the service trip indicator

So I collected it last night from them - in the dark - go to get in this morning and notice a big scratch on the drivers door and down the rear where the guy washing it - with what looked like a bucket of dirt - had scratched it. So being aware of the delay with the stone chip I was straight down there in my lunchtime today. I was told by the owner/director there that as I'd driven it off the forecourt they could not be sure it was done by them or me so would take no blame and offered to repair it at cost . So got no satisfaction at all from them. He said their records showed it was not scratched when it was brought in but it could have been done by me after I took it home.

I can see his point but the scratches are obviously under the dirty swirl marks left by the valletter and are not the usual scratches from bushes etc.

So moral of the story is. If you using Howards Nissan in Weston Super Mare, make sure you never collect your truck in the dark. Better still avoid them all together