Hullavington Today

Wootty

Advanced Member
What a great day - and this time no smashes :lol:

What a great trackday car the Teg is.... Always knew it but everytime - i'm just amazed how well they perform.

So the westfields and caterhams couldn't lose me on the straights, but they just brake so much later and turn better so on the twisties they pulled ahead. The two beemer M3's that were there were lost in my wake on the long right hand bend and everything the stock elise just had to wave me through. The elise sport 160 was a bit tougher and was about even - probably my pants driving.

Only downpoint of the day was when my son Liam locked the car keys inside with the ignition on and the radio blaring away. Was about to get trailered home by Alan Blencowe and loose 1/2 a days track but was saved by the AA in the end. 2 mins after him turning up I was in my baby again and only lost an hour of track time! So Liams gonads are still attached - but only just :evil: :lol:

Dunlop D01J's were awesome - once warmed up - but incredibly noisey. I found them very predictable in the slides and power slides out of the hairpin. I didnt beleive Dan the Man when he talked about drifting a teg but it can be done - not exactly drift - more a power slide. But good fun - but a bit wasteful on speed exiting the bend.

Think my suspension needs looking at though. The spoons were knocking about like my old knees do down the gym. Been worse since I had the camber adjusters fitted at system R. Especially on the little chicane going from full one side to the other.

So if you've not tracked your teg yet - get it done...!

Keevil next month I think! £99 on 15th May - bring it on !

Crisis

Advanced Member
Sounds look an excellent day!

I was going to pop down and have a look but I ended up shopping! Grrr....

Any pictures?

Thats a cheap day as well. Good stuff.

Duncs

glad you had a good day mate,
i was thinking about Abingdon at the end of May, Keevil is a bit shorter i think, although not seen the layout at Abingdon,

definetly going to do one or the other!!!

Wootty

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
glad you had a good day mate,
i was thinking about Abingdon at the end of May, Keevil is a bit shorter i think, although not seen the layout at Abingdon,

definetly going to do one or the other!!!
Some of the guys there said that Keevil is more fun as its a bit more twisty and not just the long straight. It also has a long left hander too?

I'll see if I can find some maps of both.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Glad you had a good day and banished memories (maybe :?: )

Just be careful running the SC on track.... do not do long periods out on track running in boost... your cook the engine....

Have you got an Oil Cooler fitted yet ? I would advice this m8

I will be back in the near future... around July / August... I will then do some Motorsport Event days...

I have also heard that Keevil is a good track.

Mike

Wootty

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Glad you had a good day and banished memories (maybe :?: )

Just be careful running the SC on track.... do not do long periods out on track running in boost... your cook the engine....

Have you got an Oil Cooler fitted yet ? I would advice this m8

I will be back in the near future... around July / August... I will then do some Motorsport Event days...

I have also heard that Keevil is a good track.

Mike
I think all memories are now well and tryly banished and treated that bend to a few good drubbings!! :lol:

No oil coller fitted yet - got a few other things going on at the moment. But will keep it in mind - especially with my pet hate of the original location of the oil filter.

Was keeping it down to short periods too and watching the oil temp all the time. Stuck to about 10-15 mins sessions which was just starting to bring the oil temp up. EGT was well low aswell so nothing melting at that end either. 15 mins is about long enough for me too as concentrating for more than that takes the fun out of it. The brakes were starting to fade too after about that long so that might be my next project. Got some new pads for them first so see how they go.

Alan Blencowe was there again Duncs but he did not want a drive especially when i said - you break it you pay for it!! especially after his last shunt at brands the other weekend. He cant even take a passenger ride without them declaring it as a lesson and someone having to pay - even when its you doing him a favour :shock: :lol:

Will be good if you can get to a few of these Mike - Need to get a few more tegs out on track for some fun. And then we can see what secrets lie under your bonnet - or will that be firmly bolted down :lol:

Duncs

ok,
keevil it is then,
just check my work diary on tuesday!!!!

no baffle in my sump yet!!! but it is on the cards :wink:

Duncs

thats a different company than they have used before,
good selection, turn in in the chicane loooks like the Ings is about to ground!!

andyd

Advanced Member
Dammm how low is that ings though the corners.

Looks sweet though.

I really need to get my ass on to a track?

Forum track day any one?

Andy

Wootty

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
thats a different company than they have used before,
good selection, turn in in the chicane loooks like the Ings is about to ground!!
Yeah :shock:

Chicane was break-turn-clunk-turn-clunk-turn out-clunk- :xvtec: - Liam screaming