Hunting/ holding revs

Westy88

Hi peeps, I'm having a problem with my car reving it's self up at idle and holding revs briefly when I dip the clutch. Has anyone had similar issues that can point me in the right direction. I going along the lines of maybe a throttle body clean?
Oh and there is no fault codes only one for the lambda sensor which I know is common and have ordered one up from Honda.

Cheers :-D

Stoo

Whining.....
IACV
Idle Air Control Valve
Or Idle control valve

Take it off and clean it.
It's under the TB

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Sorry to thread-jack but it's kinda related.

What should a DC5 idle at when cold and when warm? Is 2,000 rpm and 800 rpm respectively, acceptable/normal?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Ahh so well within the range, perfect, thanks for that Stoo it put my mind at rest :)

Westy88

Il give it a go. Is it just a sensor or will it need readapting once been unplugged do you know.
Thanks

davidpingu

Advanced Member
It's not a sensor as such, basically a magnet that's electronically controlled which adjusts a miniature butterfly for detailed airflow adjustments.

Make sure you strip the unit right down. There are two screws which won't fit a conventional torx bit so you have to use mole grips or similar to remove them and strip the unit properly. Once cleaned with brake cleaner or similar give it a little squirt of WD40 or similar to ensure the little butterfly spins nice and freely.

Stoo

Whining.....
No you don't.

It's mechanical so needs no adaption.

It is however a good idea to reset the ecu so it can relearn fuel trim parameters but its not essential.

An electronically controlled magnet is a solenoid :)