Hunting idle and exhaust change question

tombakers

Hi

I have just fitted rbc to my car and since then the idle has been irratic. It's ok when first starting but once warmed up after a few mins the idle goes up and down (1.5 rpm to 2.5rpm) which is very annoying in traffic, especially with a loud 3" exhaust.

I have tried cleaning the iacv and it still does it. I'm pretty sure there isn't a vacuum leak.

Any advice would be appreciated?

Also I have just bought a k100 ecu from a fellow forum member. His car was running exactly the same modifications as mine. The only difference is I have a 3" exhaust.

What would need adjusting on the map? Back pressure will be the only difference.

Thanks
Tom

Rom

Advanced Member
Ha. Welcome to my story a month ago.
Was fine before the rbc, hunting after.
Sorted it self out after a week or so of use. While I was waiting for another iacv to try.
Never tried it, as don't want to mess with it now it's working.

You will ideally need a custom map regardless. As no 2 engine are identical. You could fit his actual mods, and still get different fueling etc. This is why there is such a variance in dynos read outs for identical cars.
But in summary yes. You will need a remap, though may be a tweak rather than ground up remap.

tombakers

Thanks rom,

That's good yours sorted it self out. Where did you get the iacv from out of interest?

tombakers

Sorted it (fingers crossed)

Took the iacv off again and drilled out the screws on the electric motor part, that way you can spin the actual valve around whilst cleaning and lubing with wd40.

There was a really sticky spot but now after cleaning and working it, it now moves freely.

The only thing is now I have quite a high idle (1.5rpm) hopefully this will calm down. Much better than the annoying hunting