Hybrid Racing Gear Selector Springs.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Evening guys.

Just wanted to say I installed these yesterday. Bit of a b*****d to get it right and had to take apart and put back together about 5 times. But is 100% worth the £20 they cost.

Bought via Torque GT.
https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/jdm-parts/select-car/honda/integra-dc5/transmission.html

I have the current upgrades to accompany:

Stock shifter base
K-Tuned billet shifter arm
Hybrid racing delrin shifter bushes
Tegiwa gearbox bushes
Hybrid racing gear selector springs.
Skunk2 gearknob

Upgrades to do:
Hybrid racing upgraded detent springs

I noticed straight away the gearstick springs quite firmly and rapidly back into neutral when changing gear and feels alot "fresher". The amount of times ive missed 3rd when trying to shift quick. Now I literally just push up on the gearstick when in 2nd and it rapidly goes into neutral to bang into 3rd, way.....way....way better.

From what I've researched (correct me if I'm wrong as I could be) but the detent springs I've ordered keep pressure on the gearstick to stop it popping out of gear as easily. I havnt recieved these yet as on back order but will update accordingly.

Link for the selector spring install below:
https://youtu.be/yD-sE49K_rA

PLEASE NOTE: if you do this install and get stuck or everything falls apart, like it did for me drop me a message and I'll happily talk you through it.

Happy vteccing guys

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Done these before. Can be a little tricky but they do make a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
wocka said:
Done these before. Can be a little tricky but they do make a huge difference

Tried my hardest to keep it together but had to pull it to separate it and it all flew out my hand and I was like nooooooooooo haha

wocka

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
Tried my hardest to keep it together but had to pull it to separate it and it all flew out my hand and I was like nooooooooooo haha

I did them around 5/6 years on a previous dc5, can only vaguely remember doing them. I used the M-Tec race version which was very popular at the time

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
wocka said:
I did them around 5/6 years on a previous dc5, can only vaguely remember doing them. I used the M-Tec race version which was very popular at the time

You ever done the detent springs? They worth the upgrade you reckon?

wocka

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
You ever done the detent springs? They worth the upgrade you reckon?

No I haven‘t but I‘ve heard they definitely are for the work involved. Remove the gearbox mount, undo bolt, change spring, put bolt back in. Can‘t remember exactly how many there is to do, 3 I think

wocka

Advanced Member

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
wocka said:
Good stuff, cheers for the info mate, much appreciated.
Also quick question to you guys. I want to replace my rear light gaskets with better than oem ones
Heard you can them from america but everyone I'm trying cba to ship over. Anything worth knowing ?

Cheers guys

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
wocka said:
These are the ones to get, they are thicker than the oem ones too

PFL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361070387774

FL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361070390808

Both are out of stock so maybe email and ask when they are back in stock

Those were the ones I tried said she keeps losing money on international shipping due to lost stock etc so isnt doing them anymore. Thankyou though mate appreciate you looking

wocka

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
Those were the ones I tried said she keeps losing money on international shipping due to lost stock etc so isnt doing them anymore. Thankyou though mate appreciate you looking

Ohhh ok, I would just go oem Honda then mate